Like Tree19Likes

Park Island real estate agents

Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,707

    Park island sits directly beneath a very high traffic bridge and also directly beneath one the the worlds busiest airport flight path. It's what you don't see that will kill you.


  2. #12

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by etsin2009
    Thanks for pointing out how long the commute will take. I have checked this with a transport website before. My twin girls are 7 weeks old and I have talked to friends who have previously stayed on Park Island. This place is very kids friendly as I have heard. I have previously also worked in Thailand and so a 60 minute commute is normal there as well. The twins need daily fresh air and also I also need to visit HKG island from time to time.
    In that case you would be much better off living in Sai Kung or Clearwater Bay.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,038

    i struggle to understand why people would move to one of the most interesting (and populous) cities in the world and choose to maroon themselves on an outlying island in a sanitised, man-made compound

    HowardCoombs likes this.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    18,429
    Quote Originally Posted by jw1701
    i struggle to understand why people would move to one of the most interesting (and populous) cities in the world and choose to maroon themselves on an outlying island in a sanitised, man-made compound
    It's cheap, precisely because it's not an attractive place to live for most....

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    It's cheap, precisely because it's not an attractive place to live for most....
    DB aint cheap; I still hate the place with a passion but clearly there are thousands that love its sterility and isolation.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    DB aint cheap; I still hate the place with a passion but clearly there are thousands that love its sterility and isolation.
    it's a kind of bizarre-stepford place, i get the the impression from visiting it makes people a little crazy living there away from the real world

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    18,429
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    DB aint cheap; I still hate the place with a passion but clearly there are thousands that love its sterility and isolation.
    We are talking about Park Island, not Discovery Bay. I agree DB isn't cheap - it was a decade ago but now it's much more expensive (relative to the rest of HK) than it used to be.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    We are talking about Park Island, not Discovery Bay. I agree DB isn't cheap - it was a decade ago but now it's much more expensive (relative to the rest of HK) than it used to be.
    I'm fairly sure (with no hat tip to our resident PI troll) that PI and DB prices will converge more and more as PI develops further.

    I see both as made from the same mould : a sanitised outlying island and a pristine man-made compound.

    Personally, I dislike them both equally.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,114

    Well, actually all buildings are "man made" and any structure on Hong Kong island is entirely "man made". So if you have the choice of something small, old dirty/grimey to live in, with high rent, or something new, spacious, peaceful and clean, with great facilities, at low rent, park
    Island is an obvious choice. For many people with children living in HK, park island makes an excellent living choice.

    Last edited by randy1; 10-07-2012 at 10:04 AM.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,038

    is this your blog randy? Park Island, Ma Wan, Hong Kong


Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast