Like Tree19Likes

Park Island real estate agents

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    We currently pay $30,000 for 1600sqft in an old building with racecourse view. There are no facilities in our building.

This is well below current market rates. If the LL was aggressive, he could easily get 40-60% more for the place but he likes peace and quiet and we've given him an absolutely quiet 6 years.
    Yes, what you have there is well below market rates, and gloating at what a good a deal you have will not do anyone coming to HK and looking for a place now any good (except perhaps give them hope that if they are a good tenant, and rents keep rising, that they too might be kept at a low rental).

By way of comparison, I know one apartment owned by a friend in Happy Happy at 600 sqft that she rents out for 30K. It has two small bedrooms, but is newly furnished, and has a terrace that sort of extends over a retail shop below. I know someone who was paying 38K for a 900 sqft place (old but nice) that moved out as the LL jacked up the rent to 45K. Any my guess is, that a place like yours 1600 sqft and with a view of the racetrack is 50K and upwards, depending on how nicely its furnished etc. So you have a damn good deal there.

So if we are going to make comparisons, lets bear current market prices in mind.

Now compare that to Park Island 30K will get you 1500 square feet, new/modern apartment, balcony with open ocean views, 4 brms, 2 bathrooms, maids room, AND access to all the facilities which include 5 pools, 3 giant child play room areas, beaches, bowling alley, fittness centers, private cinema, etc etc. Any search on a property website will confirm this (maybe "asking prices" are 35K, but I think this size on PI once still can get for 30K).
    Last edited by randy1; 10-07-2012 at 06:11 PM.

my posts on haunted house mortgages from casper the friendly ghost get deleted and randy1 is allowed to continue his marketing for park island aiya

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701
    my posts on haunted house mortgages from casper the friendly ghost get deleted and randy1 is allowed to continue his marketing for park island aiya
    JW - I did not read your posts on haunted house mortgages so am not sure why it would be deleted. The purchase of so called ghost houses is genuine topic for HK, so it would suprise me if it was deleted.

As for "marketing Park Island" I do believe its still a largely undiscovered gem for the right person looking for a place that suits them in HK, and I am happy to keep advocating it as a great place. As I said earlier, it depends on what you are after, and not all people in HK have the same requirements (which of course is why we all live in different places in HK!)

Quote Originally Posted by randy1
    Yes, what you have there is well below market rate...Now compare that to Park Island
    This is why I call you the PI troll.

You cant leave well enough alone but feel compelled to insert your PI flag waving wherever you can.
    1) I wasnt talking to you
    2) I wasnt comparing to PI
    3) I wasnt gloating

What I pay in HV (that someone asked about) is irrelevant whether PI is heaven or hell.
    Now shoo!

As for "marketing Park Island" I do believe its still a largely undiscovered gem....
    Are you for real?
    There are thousands of people living there in a couple of dozen buildings with countless buses and ferries going back and forth.
    Which part of it "undiscovered" exactly? Stop your shilling.

HC your comments make no sense.

First of all you were talking to me, indeed you have quoted parts of my comments directly in your comments.

Secondly, even if you were not making a comment specifically addressed to me, this is a public forum, and I am entitled to comment on any post you have made, regardless of whether it was addressed specifically to me or not.

Last of all this is a thread about park island, so I don't think it's particularly unexpected that other posters, like me, would mention ... Wait for it ... Park Island, in their postings.

A little more unexpected would be someone to mention happy valley in a thread about park island, but even then, you will notice I did not criticise you for that, or try to belittle you, rather I tried simply to engage in a civilised discussion relevant to the OP's original question.

HC your comments make no sense.
    Sorry, cant help you with that.
    First of all you were talking to me, indeed you have quoted parts of my comments directly in your comments.
    Umm, no. Mat asked me what I paid, I answered him. My answer was directed at him and not you. My answer had nothing to do with PI but you chose to insert PI into that discussion just like you insert PI into every discussion.
    Secondly, even if you were not making a comment specifically addressed to me, this is a public forum, and I am entitled to comment on any post you have made, regardless of whether it was addressed specifically to me or not.
    Ofcourse and you do this all the time. You comment and insert PI at every opportunity. Just as you I'm entitled to criticize you when you keep inserting PI.
    Last of all this is a thread about park island, so I don't think it's particularly unexpected that other posters, like me, would mention ... Wait for it ... Park Island, in their postings.
    And ofcourse you did. I pipped in there and made my comment about PI too.
    A little more unexpected would be someone to mention happy valley in a thread about park island, but even then, you will notice I did not criticise you for that, or try to belittle you, rather I tried simply to engage in a civilised discussion relevant to the OP's original question.
    You mentioned where you live and I will mention where I live.
    HV and PI dont compare - they are like night and day. I love one and tolerate the other.
    I was having some side comments with Mat about what I paid and you decided to use my words about HV and HV only to push your agenda again by comparing the 2. Its getting tiring.
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 10-07-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Its too stupid HC. You are trying to criticise a person for commenting about park island on thread related to park island. Unless you are trying to be humerous, in which case you are failing there also....

Its too stupid HC. You are trying to criticise a person for commenting about park island on thread related to park island. Unless you are trying to be humerous, in which case you are failing there also....
    Mat asked me what I paid and I told him. Thats it, PI was not involved.

You took this to be an opportunity to make comparison between the 2 and also pretended that I was somehow pushing HV "So if we are going to make comparisons.." and proceeded to insert PI into a conversation where it didnt belong.

Here, let me mention that there were some suicides in Tin Shui Wai in the past few months. It would not surprise me now if you decided to compare PI to TSW and how wonderful PI is because fewer ppl on PI committed suicide.
    Yes, its too stupid. Stop inserting PI into every possible area.

So much hatred here!
    To be honest, i hate DB but i love PI. I think a lot of people talked without any knowledge on this thread. PI has a lot of character. Some of the oldest temples in hk and remains of the old fishing village. A lot of history. PI also has a lot of local restaurants, sea food, dim sum etc...from the village. Has a massive park and shop just downstairs.
    Transport is not the easiest, but it's still ok. 22 min to central, direct shuttle bus to kwai fong, tsing yi and tsuen wan.
    No banging, drilling, construction going on. Its a lot quieter.
    I think its great for families.not good if you want to party a lot and go out till late. To each his own.

Mat and randy1 like this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast