Short term apartment Wan Chai area mid August

Closed Thread

Short term apartment Wan Chai area mid August

Hi guys!

I am relocating from Australia to HK at the beginning of August for work, and am being provided with a hotel for the first week or so of my stay there, so I can find my feet and find a place to live. I have been looking at lots of different options around Wan Chai, incl sharing and also studio apartment options, but just don't want to rush into anything. I was thinking of staying in a budget serviced apartment/studio for a month or so to give me some time to find something I like, however there are so many options and reviews online, I am not sure what to expect. Does anyone have any feedback, ideas or places to have a look at that would suit? I am thinking about $8000 would be my budget.

Thanks so much!

Lauren

i am also coming to hk in august. also, i am looking for some serviced apartment. if you wanna, we could share it, but first we should find it.
    if u are interested, u can email me:
    [email protected]

duransk

Hey Lauren,

I'm in the same boat. I'll be headed out there in Sept hopefully. I think a roomate is best for me. I lived in HK a few years back but rents have gone up. I'm from NYC. Send me a message - let's see what the options are!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurenina1985:
    Hi guys!

I am relocating from Australia to HK at the beginning of August for work, and am being provided with a hotel for the first week or so of my stay there, so I can find my feet and find a place to live. I have been looking at lots of different options around Wan Chai, incl sharing and also studio apartment options, but just don't want to rush into anything. I was thinking of staying in a budget serviced apartment/studio for a month or so to give me some time to find something I like, however there are so many options and reviews online, I am not sure what to expect. Does anyone have any feedback, ideas or places to have a look at that would suit? I am thinking about $8000 would be my budget.

Thanks so much!

Lauren

Hey,

I'm also looking for a serviced apartment near HKU from September 2012 onwards and am willing to share the rental unit. But haven't found anything good yet.

Some serviced apartments I have found are:

cityloft
    Wix.com abby created by abb982 based on Green Properties
    Domus
    Hong Kong Serviced Apartments - Homey Serviced Apartment
    IDEAL SUITE
    www.studiostudio.com.hk
    Wing-Kong Holdings - Internships in Hong kong | Accommodations in Hong Kong | Job Placement in Hong Kong
    http://www.yp.com.hk/product/templat...&language_id=8

But I have heard mixed reviews on this forum about some of the above accommodations.

Would love to hear any recommendations that you guys have!

Neha

Hey guys, arriving tomorrow night. Will be in touch once I have settled, will be staying in a hotel at first. Excited!

Quote Originally Posted by jort:
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. I am a 26 year old American moving to HK in late August. I will be working in Wan Chai. Any advice how to get accommodations figured out? I am guessing winging it and showing up will only land me on the streets.
    If you're open to staying in a dorm, there's a place in Wan Chai called Check Inn HK. It's a really great hostel. We stayed there for a week recently. Very nice people run it.

Hi Neha,

I am also coming to HKU from september to january as an exchange student. I am coming in Hong Kong on the 5th of september and will stay in a hostel for few days untill I find a flatshare.

Did you already find something? we can look for a flat together, if you are interested send me a private message.

Good luck and hope to see you at HK!

hi! i am currenly in hk looking for a apartment....let me konw if any of you would like to share on the hk area

Hey guys I have been here for 3 weeks, am currently in a serviced apartment in CWB and will be moving to another longer term apartment in North Point in mid September. My advice is try and find somewhere that does a monthly lease, as you really need to decide on the area that you like and go from there. Most places that are a long term lease ask for a big deposit upfront, which if you are not sure of the area before checking out what is around, can be a pain to then have to move and fork out another deposit while waiting for your old one to come back. PM me if you have questions

Lauren