Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HowardCoombs

Another "where to live" thread

Closed Thread

Another "where to live" thread

I apologize in advance for another where to live thread. I've read through older posts, and have been following the forum for a few months now, but now that i'm here, it's a whole new story. I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities. Any help narrowing it down would be incredibly helpful.

Us: family of 3 (one 6y/o going to bradbury school in the fall). We also have a medium sized dog. We're going to happy valley and have already looked some in Wan Chai, since they're close to bradbury. My wife is also working at Bradbury, and we are looking for a good commute for her. We're looking for a 2-3 bedroom place, prefer at least 650-700 s/f net. Our budget is 20-25k. Mostly we just want clean and efficient. Not worried about clubhouses and all the common areas as much.

Wan Chai and HV seem closest, but i don't see how my dog will do in Wan Chai, and we haven't seen HV yet. Is there somewhere else we should be looking? Are there specific buildings we should check out? Any help is appreciated. Our first trip with a realtor was time consuming, and not very fruitful, but i think we're learning how to handle them better.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dougmal:
    Is there somewhere else we should be looking?
    With your budget, it would make sense to look along TaiHang Road, TinHau as well as Fortress Hill and North Point. All of these areas will give you a relatively short commute.
    carang likes this.

Agree with HC...TaiHang...Tin Hau would be good and very close by. Happy Valley might be on the.expensive side. Wanchai isnt my cup of tea but to each it's own.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

Thanks for the suggestions. Tai Hang Road definitely looks interesting, and i'll start looking through Tin Hau, Fortress Hill and North Point. For some reason i thought it would be more expensive living close to the MTR. If anyone can recommend specific realtors in those areas, i'd appreciate it, or specific buildings. I'll spend some time scanning through squarefoot.com.hk to see if anything stands out.

Best bet is just to walk into any real estate agents in the area