Like Tree4Likes

[Mid-levels] Hanlun Habitats, 2 Macdonnell, or Oakwood apts?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question [Mid-levels] Hanlun Habitats, 2 Macdonnell, or Oakwood apts?

Hi everyone,

While my move to HK is in mid-oct 2012, I'll actually be in HK next week (week of sept 10) to view the apts below. They all looked great online, but I'm sure you can give me a better perspective - can you let me know which apt you'd choose from the apts listed below/why, good/bad, etc.

I'll be moving here by myself and want to be in a safe neighborhood (im female) - I hear that although it's safe, there is pick pocketing? I'm also in love with luxury hotels in general and want to have that immaculate feel to where i live in HK.

1) Hanlun Habitats - Lily Court Tower I
    2) Hanlun Habitats - Peach Blossom
    3) Two Macdonnell Road (No.2 Macdonnell Road)
    4) Oakwood Apartment (No. 9 Kennedy Road)

Someone asked me: which of these apts are above/below the fog/smog? Thoughts? And is there any difference to quality of air - sry for the ignorant-sounding questions!

The feedback that I've been getting is to live in the mid levels, but if there is something that I'm missing, let me know - I'm open to other areas and other apts on HK island.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by Oceanblue11; 07-09-2012 at 02:45 AM.

While I can't comment on all 4 places, my wife and I did stay for 2 months at Lily Court and it was awesome. The staff was nice, close to supermarket and central, only 2 apartments per floor, and beautiful bathroom with a huge tub.

You should ask to see the apartments at each building to make sure you are comfortable with and what services are available within each building.

Good luck and enjoy

Have you ever been to HK before? You don't seem to know much about it.

1. HK is safe. Everywhere. You don't need to pick a fancy location to be safe. I'm a female and I will walk anywhere and never feel even the slightest bit nervous. Unlike Manila, New York etc etc.

2. There is no such thing as "above the smog". The smog is everywhere. Even when the air looks clear it is still very polluted.

3. If you want a "high class hotel feel" I assume you are going to pay an astronomical sum of money. Your money I guess but limiting yourself to a few options you found on the internet is, in my opinion, crazy. HK has a much wider range of places and locations than that. But, your money.

bibbju and Satay Sue like this.

Since you are on a trip to look and see and you want immaculate feel, I would suggest you look at the following. None of them are in Midlevels but they offer luxury in different districts which all have different feels. Lots of people hate midlevels and its concrete soulless feeling.
    Check out these places before making final decision:
    1) BelAir in Cyberport.
    2) Leighton Hill in Happy Valley
    3) Larvotto in Ap Lei Chau

mid levels, in my opinion, sucks the big one. I just don't get the attraction. However, I am sure you will find many apartments there with that luxury feel, (just as you would be able to find in pretty much any district of the city.

From your choice of apartments, it looks like you don't have the luxury budget to get the luxury feel you want. How much are you willing/able to pay per month?

Obaing2011 likes this.

my mistake - I just realized these are all short term serviced apartments.
    This would be my choice for a nice luxurious feeling short term apartment:
    Pacific Place Apartments | Swire Properties

I hate mid levels so I would avoid all the ones OP has listed.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    my mistake - I just realized these are all short term serviced apartments.
    This would be my choice for a nice luxurious feeling short term apartment:
    Pacific Place Apartments | Swire Properties

I hate mid levels so I would avoid all the ones OP has listed.
    Not necessarily short term. I know quite a few people who've lived (or still live) at 2 Macdonnell Road for 1-2 years+. It's a reasonable location (decent supermarket and restaurants across the road in Coda Plaza, and nice stroll through the Botanical Gardens to get to Central) but personally it's not somewhere I'd want to live for more than a few weeks (I stayed there for 6 weeks when I first moved to HK).

A question for the OP - why are you limiting yourself to serviced appts? Are you on a short term (less than 1 year) contract?

Quote Originally Posted by hlfo718
    While I can't comment on all 4 places, my wife and I did stay for 2 months at Lily Court and it was awesome. The staff was nice, close to supermarket and central, only 2 apartments per floor, and beautiful bathroom with a huge tub.

You should ask to see the apartments at each building to make sure you are comfortable with and what services are available within each building.

Good luck and enjoy
    Good to know, thank you for taking the time to write that! I will be viewing them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast