Apartment / Office rent questions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

i don't know if he means

Mid-Levels apartment
    or
    mid-range

i took it to mean mid-range rather than Mid-Levels. if he's looking for a place for his boss and his wife, then he's more likely than not be wanting more than 570' (gross). i still think that $12k for 570' is absolutely disgusting. doesn't matter where it is.

he still needs to get SPECIFIC on requirements in order for anyone to offer any advice that is actually useful.

Bunny fair call, I was more aiming my comment at the op, not his boss's requirements, and agree that his boss inc wife might prefer something more spacious, in a quieter neighbourhood.

In which case, Happy Valley or Pok Fu lam would be obvious locations, and likely to be in the 18 - 25K ( 700 - 1200ft2 ) price range for something nicely renovated inside.

Thumbs up Accomodation and Offices for start-up business

Hi Skyhook,

I hope you had a great Christmas and thank so much for your advice.

As for my own personal accomodation, I will have to pay for this out of my own pocket, as it is unlikely I will get that much assistance.

As I will be continuing to pay for my mortgage in London, I think the best I can budget for is about HK$7000 -HK 12,000 per month anything more would probably be a waste of money for just myself living there.

As for the office accomodation, I know we will not be able to match the spending power of Michael Page or Robert Walters, ie an office in Central but an office in Kowloon seems a little far???

As I have only been to HK 3 times so far I am hoping to go there again end of Jan 2008 to do some proper research ...are there 1)any streets near exchange square that you can recommend us looking for serviced offices?

2) if it in Kowloon for serviced office space of say 400 - 500 square feet - how much should be realistically be looking at please?

3) If I was to get my own accomodation in Kowloon but work in HK Island, how late does the MTR operate to as I may be working to 12pm sometimes as the business will be a complete start-up.

Thanks again for your help

more specific info... as requested

Hi There

I hope you had a great Christmas and thank so much for your advice.

As for my own personal accomodation, I will have to pay for this out of my own pocket, as it is unlikely I will get that much assistance.

As I will be continuing to pay for my mortgage in London, I think the best I can budget for is about HK$7000 -HK 12,000 per month anything more would probably be a waste of money for just myself living there.

As for the office accomodation, I know we will not be able to match the spending power of Michael Page or Robert Walters, ie an office in Central but an office in Kowloon seems a little far???

As I have only been to HK 3 times in the last 12 months so far I am hoping to go there again end of Jan 2008 to do some proper research ...are there 1)any streets near exchange square that you can recommend us looking for serviced offices?

2) if it in Kowloon for serviced office space of say 400 - 500 square feet - how much should be realistically be looking at please?

3) If I was to get my own accomodation in Kowloon but work in HK Island, how late does the MTR operate to as I may be working to 12pm most days as the business will be a complete start-up?

more info as you requested

Hi Carang

I hope you had a good Christmas?

Thanks for your help thus far, maybe we should start with the accomodation for me and My boss.

I think my boss and his wife would prefer a mid-level apratment ie. not near too noisy roads and the apartment in a middle-class area that is relatively safe. I am not sure about their budget but I would say the equivalent to 1000 - 1500 per month or HK$ 15,000 - 22,500 would probably not be a problem - it may be even upto HK$ 28,000 per month.

As they will be newly wed, they will probably want something reasonably new inside ie. modern furniture, large size rooms, a shared swimming pool and good transportation links. He (boss) would probably want something near to the office ie. 30 minutes max to Central or Exchange Square.

As for me, I had a google on the tung chung?? area near the airport and it seems kind of in my budget range for a 2-bed apartment. My only concern is how late does the MTR work until as I would not really want to take the taxi home every night. I would envisage me working until 12.00pm most nights as it's a start-up...

As I will be continuing to pay for my flat mortgage in London (GF/ partner is not able to relocate just yet), I think the best I can budget for is about HK$7000 -HK 12,000 (or between 450 - 800 per month) anything more would be too expensive and probably be a waste of money for just myself living there.

I agree that the rent hike is ridiculous!!

Hi Skyhook,

Thanks for your help thus far, maybe we should start with the accomodation for me and My boss.

I think my boss and his wife would prefer a mid-level apratment ie. not near too noisy roads and the apartment in a middle-class area that is relatively safe. I am not sure about their budget but I would say the equivalent to 1000 - 1500 per month or HK$ 15,000 - 22,500 would probably not be a problem - it may be even upto HK$ 28,000 per month.

As they will be newly wed, they will probably want something reasonably new inside ie. modern furniture, large size rooms, a shared swimming pool and good transportation links. He (boss) would probably want something near to the office ie. 30 minutes max to Central or Exchange Square.

As for me, I had a google on the tung chung?? area near the airport and it seems kind of in my budget range for a 2-bed apartment. My only concern is how late does the MTR work until as I would not really want to take the taxi home every night. I would envisage me working until 12.00pm most nights as it's a start-up...

As I will be continuing to pay for my flat mortgage in London (GF/ partner is not able to relocate just yet), I think the best I can budget for is about HK$7000 -HK 12,000 (or between 450 - 800 per month) anything more would be too expensive and probably be a waste of money for just myself living there.

Hi BunnyPanda

Ed

Hi there Ed,

In regard to your boss, he can pretty much afford quiet a spacious apartment in Happy Valley, which would be quieter than midlevels especially on the weekends. Pok Fu Lam is another location he could consider which offers superior sea views and mostly professional expat families.

As to your requirments, maybe consider locations that tend use buses as their primary form of late night public transport. Area's like Sai Kung, Hebe Haven, Clearwater Bay, even the Gold Coast Area of Tuen Mun ie (Siu Lam / Sham Tseng) could be a consideration, because at the hour you plan to leave work, the commute home is only 30 minutes. $8000 per month will get you a spacious pleasant view 3 bedroom apartment out here.

A photo of our view in Siu Lam below to give you an idea of what I mean.

Commute time in the morning however would be about 50 minutes for Gold Coast, and about 1 hour 15 minutes from Sai Kung.

It will all depend on what sort of lifestyle you want to spend when you are not working, if its going to be work and live in the city, or work in the city, and live in an affordable green bayside area.

If you enjoy sailing in your spare time, then Hebe Haven, Discovery Bay ( use the ferry to get home ), Sai Kung and the Gold Coast region will be best bang for your buck.

Last edited by Skyhook; 28-12-2007 at 09:14 PM.

All within your budget

Heres a a few more photos of a few of the places I discussed earlier.

HEBE HAVEN

Sai Kung

The Gold Coast

Discovery Bay

Pok Fu Lam

Hi Skyhook

Thanks so much for the information ad photos especially as it's so late your time!!

I will use these as a starting point for research and keep you updated

thanks again

Ed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast