Like Tree103Likes

Maybe moving to Hong Kong???? Advice seriously welcome

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

I'll give you a couple of examples of friends who've rented places recently.

Casa Bella, Caine Road, 25/F, pool, gym, amazing views (comes at a price), 2 beds about 700 sq ft net. Second bedroom is small - 30k pm

Caine Road near escalator - large two bed, no facilities - 24k.

80 Robinson Road - large 3 bed, 37/F, great views, amazing clubhouse facilities - 46k pm.

If you head further down Bonham Road you can get small 2 beds, some with facilities, for less than 20k pm.

If you have a housing allowance, whatever you do, don't tell the agent. You will be ripped off.

Oxygen likes this.

where would you suggest i look at living. commute less than half hour to kowloon, 2 beds, facilities, safe, not seedy or rough, 25 to 35 per month,no car needed,balcony a must so i can go out for a cig.

they sound interesting thank you again beanieskis

Claire

Can't you go downstairs for a cig, or lean out the window?! If you're not working you'll make loads of friends, and be really busy - if you're at home much, you're doing HK wrong!!

You do need to compromise somewhere. You can get somewhere on the Island within your budget with facilities, but maybe not with a balcony, or you can get an older building, more space, roof top.

Where in Kowloon is he working?

Hung Hom might be an option - you get loads of space for your money there, and facilities.

hi beanieskis im full of compromise so not a problem on that front. think he wants to live on the island and commute in to office in kwun tong?? what do you think to causeway bay and happy valley??

Quote Originally Posted by Claire1:
    leave it out wil you.
    No, YOU leave it out. You have had excellent advice and people have taken time to think about your issues and draft some thoughts for you. This is a free service and we do it to help people. We don't set the prices in HK, nor the size of flats, nor create the compromises you will have to make. We can explain them though but if you are too rude or stupid to realise that, then go away and make your own mistakes. I had some thoughts of my own to add to this thread about what you could do to avoid "climbing the walls" but clearly you are not on here for practical advice so I won't bother.

I would say that anyone renting on the Island who works in Kwun Tong is nuts. And mentioning that was where he was working would have helped hugely with the advice in the first place! Go and look at Sai Kung ffs. Although you might not get any useful advice from our resident Sai Kung expert, since you've already told her to get lost.
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 11-09-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    elle and hktraveller like this.

Causeway Bay is cheaper than Happy Valley, but it is CRAZY busy. Really, you need to get here, look at some areas and what you get for your money in each before you decide.

For now I'd just say don't stress, you'll have no problem finding somewhere in your budget.

It took the 55th post to get Kwun Tong out of you. That was what someone asked on the very first page. If he works there, no way is the midlevels the best option. I'm not sure what $35k will get you on the Kowloon side, but I would think you'd be able to find something better than midlevels. Heck, Braemar Hill would be a better option - scoot down to North Point and a quick MTR across and your husband is at work.

i only found out today that that is where his office is relocating too. and to be honest i think ill stay put if all you get is abuse.

My, aren't you a little precious. You better grow thicker skin if you think this is abuse. Seems you are fixated on midlevels or some other expat ghetto for some strange reason. Then it's not really advice you're after is it?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast