Like Tree103Likes

Maybe moving to Hong Kong???? Advice seriously welcome

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    if you're at home much, you're doing HK wrong
    Or just living life differently to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    That's what I was thinking.....I quite like my home!

cjjenks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    living in shite flat may be one reason to be away most of the time. hah
    Last edited by cjjenks; 12-09-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Take a look at this website: Hong Kong eTransport

It gives you transport information and will highlight exactly how you can get from any point you want to consider to the office in Kwun Tong. The bus system in HK is second to none - you don't need to live close to an MTR to get around.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    ok, i have received an apology.... i've also figured out what one of the problems is.... she misunderstood "expat ghetto"....
    all's well that ends well.
    It hasnt ended yet...As a couple of people have chimed in so far, she does not seem like a person thats going to adapt well to big changes. Lets hope I'm wrong

The Tung Chung area would be a good solution. Try looking at Seaview, Skyline and Caribbean Coast Estates. Caribbean Coast has Hong Kong's largest residential outdoor swimming pool, year round indoor pools,gym and club, BBQ area, children's play area, supermarkets and a mall at the MTR station which is nearby. All this can be yours for 20K or less.

bdw

What's funny to me is that most of the people that say 25k-35k isn't much are paying less than that themselves. For a couple with no kids, I think it's a fantastic housing budget!

Reading the thread from start to end, I find the tone of some posters, whether they are right or wrong, can be quite off putting and I can understand the op wanting to leave.

Sent from my LT15i using GeoClicks Mobile

GeoDerek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Reading the thread from start to end, I find the tone of some posters, whether they are right or wrong, can be quite off putting and I can understand the op wanting to leave.
    Can you please be specific about this. I'm genuinely curious. If you'd rather do it in a PM, that would be fine too.

This thread is a classic example of where a sensitive and insecure OP meets the wrath of seasoned egoexpat posters. Oops, what a typo

That being said. Welcome to HK. It's a great place, but you gotta have a little thick skin to get used to the cultural differences which you can choose to either embrace or despise.

Last edited by MASTER-OF-HK; 12-09-2012 at 09:30 AM.

I think some people are unfairly being knocked for giving straightforward honest answers.

If you dont like the answer, dont ask the question in the first place.

First thing to learn when moving away from 'home' - be open to change!!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast