Like Tree56Likes

Accommodation on Park Island

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Accommodation on Park Island

We are moving to HK and we have decided to live on Park Island. I know that apartments are very small compare to Australia (current home). Does anyone know the average size of a master bedroom in an apartment in HK? We are thinking of taking our king size bed but not sure because of the size. Also, can you recommend a real estate agent on Park Island? Thanks for your help.

have you been to hk before? i would suggest you look around at other areas before you sign a lease. you may find that once you are here park island is not all you think it is...

I don't want to judge wrongly, but unless you are (a) going to be working at Noah's Ark, or (b) have made this decision after extensive searching on the ground here during an exploratory trip, PLEASE don't make a definite decision on the basis of websites, maps and suchlike.

And if somebody has been telling you that this area is comparable to another area in an Australian city, take it with a few pounds of salt ... comparing HK neighbourhoods with Oz ones is like trying to compare apples with aardvarks (I'm a Sydneysider, born & bred).

As for bedroom sizes, I'm not familiar with PI, but in flats here, 8'x8' is would be about standard in a 400'sq, 2br place; in my current (village-style) place my room is 15'x12', and of course if you've got the moolah, you can get a lot larger.

Satay Sue likes this.

Thanks for the comments. I would appreciate any comments.
    We have a 2 year old son, so which area do you think would be family friendly area? We have been to HK a few times but not been to Park Island. my husband's company HR has recommended Park Island and looked more affordable than other areas.

Hi Chingleutsch,
    How big is your current place? (If you don't mind me asking). 15x12 sounds good. Thanks!

What is your budget and where does husband work and will you need schools?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by lermo18
    my husband's company HR has recommended Park Island and looked more affordable than other areas.
    Is the name of your HR rep randy, by any chance? He's our resident Park Island expert/tai-pan.

In all seriousness, look around before you decide on any place. Park Island isn't for everyone.

Do not bring a king sized bed to Hong Kong- the majority of HK flats do not have bedrooms large enough for one.

I would echo the thoughts on Park Island. I considered it a couple of years back when flat hunting. Check it out before committing to anything.

Last edited by jgl; 14-09-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

For Park Island, a kingsized bed might be OK. For example I have one. But I agree in general HK bedrooms are likely to be too small. Also agree, of course to view places before agreeing to rent them, but I do feel Park Island is an excellent choice for a family that want some space and facilities for kids etc.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast