Observation in Hong Kong

Observation in Hong Kong

Hey everyone,

So I plan on going to Hong Kong for a period of 3 months (while making sure not to go over the 90 days that are allowed for tourists) in order to visit museums related to my field of study. I'm not going to attend school in Hong Kong but I will be working on my thesis while I'm there, based on the observations I make at the different museums.

Now, since I'll be there for a couple of months, I was wondering if I could have trouble finding an appartment for 2-3 months, knowing that I won't have a regular student visa. Any cheap lodging recommandations for long term visitors (2-3 months) without a visa?

Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by BLeNDeRZ
    in order to visit museums related to my field of study.
    So that will take 3 or 4 days.

What do you plan to do for the other 85 days?

Chung King Mansion...google...it is close to the museums as well. the hk history museum is GREAT. one of the best museums I have ever been to.

or a place like Noble Hostel in Causeway Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket
    Chung King Mansion...google...it is close to the museums as well. the hk history museum is GREAT. one of the best museums I have ever been to.
    Thank you, I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    So that will take 3 or 4 days.

What do you plan to do for the other 85 days?
    I've already listed 10 different sites I want to visit, most of them related to the Hakka culture. I'm doing it for postgraduate research, I can assure you there's more to it than just taking pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by BLeNDeRZ
    I've already listed 10 different sites I want to visit, most of them related to the Hakka culture. I'm doing it for postgraduate research, I can assure you there's more to it than just taking pictures.
    If you are going to use Geoexpat, start identifying and ignoring junk.

When would your visit be? I may have a spare room available.

Chungking is fine but some rooms are not, so look around the various 'guest houses' and find a room before booking.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86
    Chungking is fine but some rooms are not, so look around the various 'guest houses' and find a room before booking.
    For 3 months you don't need to go into a guest house. You could rent a room by the month. Three is a property agent (very small shop under the stairs near block D and E) who is specialized in Chungking rentals and also owns some newly finished guest houses in Block B.
    If I had to stay there I would stay in Block D or E, as at rush hours the queues for the lifts of the other blocks (Especially A and B) can be significant. (Only 2 small lifts for 16 floors)
    Last edited by hktraveller; 15-09-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Try your luck here.

http://hongkong.craigslist.hk/apa/

Be-aware, there are some fraudsters also. Don't pay any money without looking at place personally.