NEED ACCOMODATION FOR ONE WEEK IN OCT : need advice.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NEED ACCOMODATION FOR ONE WEEK IN OCT : need advice.

hi i am planning to visit hong kong form india for treatment f my 3 yr old son in mid october. cna someone from hongkong guide me for a good hotel /apartment with kitchen for 8 days . i will e traveling with family wife and two kids and need budget to be takencare as well. please help/ guide if you can. doctor is in kowloon area. so something near would be better.

Last edited by Editor; 21-09-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Try Harbour Plaza metropolis in Hung Hom. They have rooms with kitchenette attached.

Oct for a week will be normal hotel rates as peak time due to Canton fair

Thanks all please share more hotel names and expected rates if possible

Quote Originally Posted by PSMaverick:
    Try Harbour Plaza metropolis in Hung Hom. They have rooms with kitchenette attached.
    Do you know the rates and how far it is from Kowloon and how to travel and Indian places to eat or shop near it .

have a look at www.discoverybayforum.com for short-stay apartments. While not really ''close'' to Kowloon by public transport, there are bus/train links that can get you to most areas of Kowloon easily. Also, there are Indian food restaurants (at least one - Mirch Masala) in DB...

Quote Originally Posted by ankurbhaskar:
    Do you know the rates and how far it is from Kowloon and how to travel and Indian places to eat or shop near it .
    I think you need to look at a map.

"Kowloon" covers about a third of the urban area in HK - so everywhere is close to "Kowloon" and you will probably spend as much time travelling between places as within in. So where EXACTLY are you going to be and how long do you consider to be a long time?

There are south asian style restaurants (I cannot call them "Indian" because they might be Pakistani or Bangladeshi or a mix of all) all over the place in Hong Kong and eating out is normally cheaper and more convenient than cooking. Tsim Sha Tsui has many.

For one week, a kitchenette is probably silly. Space is at a premium in HK and you will pay over the odds for it plus have the inconvenience of trying to buy all the necessaries for cooking just for a short period of time. Eat out.

What is your budget? If on a low budget, try airbnb.com for alternatives to traditional hotels etc.

It really depends on where your child is getting his medical treatment from. From personal experience, it's always easier to stay somewhere close to the hospital so you can visit your kid easier. Not many hotels have kitchens in their rooms, and service apartments don't usually do anything less than a month.

You might have better luck looking on craigslist or something and look for a flat share, most of them are fine and will accept your offer so they can find someone to share the burden of rent for the time being until they can find someone else who do it for the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by ankurbhaskar:
    It is in Kowloon, in Hung hom to be exact. It is very close to TST where you can find plenty of Indian restaurants and grocery stores. Check for prices on websites like airasiago.. And if you are willing to keep it simple you can cook well enough with the equipment in the room.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast