Leather
    Human dander
    Dried skin flakes
    Wallpaper paste
    Decaying organic matter
    Household or organic glue
    Paper (including shelf backing)
    plant fibers
    Nylon clothing items (such as stockings)
    Starches from clothes as well as book bindings
    as well as cannibalism

Well, I am still struggling. I think I am over the roach thing for the most part now, since the weather is drying up and I laid bait around, so haven't seen much in the last few weeks.

The problem is still the leak through the closet. While it has not rained, I know at some point it will. Agent spoke to the LL and she says it will take 2-3 months to fix! Because the problem begins on the outside wall/exterior of the building so she has to arrange with the freaking building to fix it.

This is really horrible b/c I have to travel for work and if I am gone 2-3 days and it rains, and water seeps in, I won't be there to control or clean it.

I am really hoping to break my lease but not until I find another place, hopefully with a roomate so I don't have to sign anything super long term.

Original Post Deleted
    I want to move out, I just don't know where nor have I found a place. I have been looking on roomate websites, haven't found anything yet but going to view a few soon.

My HR at work is trying to help me find something else soon as well.

I remember reading an article about a couple suing the upstairs apartment for a leaky toilet the water was seeping into their home downstairs. It was so bad they had to rig a plastic bag to collect the water and then they had to empty it every day (or few days) can't remember.

They had tried to fix it a number of times or the above apartment was avoiding the issue. This went on for 10-12 years....... The couple sued and won.....

Welcome to HK.

dear giant likes this.

Mmmm nice

Your room mates chore is to check for leakage in your absence.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Mmmm nice

Your room mates chore is to check for leakage in your absence.
    I read it as he was wanting the room mate to take over the lease.

Anyway why doesn't the OP push it up a notch and hammering the LL and Management to get their ass to do something.

"i know you're very busy... so, why don't i arrange to have it fixed? i'll keep the receipts and take it out of my rent."

has always worked for me. they don't want me to arrange it as they know i'll take the first quotation and charge the l/l for it. they would rather have their own person do it, cheaper for them....

Peter Mak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden2005:
    The problem is still the leak through the closet. While it has not rained, I know at some point it will. Agent spoke to the LL and she says it will take 2-3 months to fix! Because the problem begins on the outside wall/exterior of the building so she has to arrange with the freaking building to fix it.
    If you've ever had to deal with co-op/condo boards in the US regarding a fix that also includes an exterior wall or as they say "common" wall, then 2-3 months is about average.

I have problems with WIFI using Vista on my laptop. Some networks i can connect some i cant.

My flatmate doesnt appear to have any problems.

Yeah, I'm checking out another apratment this weekend, and looking at Urban cube as well as a temp fix. My friend comes back in town next week, so if worset comes to worst I break and stay w/ him if possible.

Just don't wanna do anything rash and get into a bad situation again.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5