Like Tree32Likes

Apartment building for toddlers

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Yeah who wants to live in China anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by njaeger:
    I did address it if you can read. And you didnt either. Out of the budget as you said. I said this place doesnt exist. Even for 300K a month you wouldnt find something great for kids/toddlers on HK Island with pools, beach, space to run, ride a bike etc... You want a place good for kids, then dont look at HK Island.
    Absurd. Although many are out of the OPs budget, there are many places, particularly on the Southside, Peak, Pokfulam, etc, that have pools, beach access (often within walking distance), plenty of space to run, easy access to country parks, etc. There are some smaller places in Stanley, near the market, that would go for 30k or under a month. Ap Lei Chau, Aberdeen, Wah Fu, maybe Pokfulam also have options in the OPs price range and are all fine places for children. Would also look at Happy Valley, maybe Tai Hang, Mid levels East and West (not so much Central)...

Living on of off the island is a personal choice and no one place is definitively "better" than the other, so get off your high horse telling the OP what is better for him and his family. Suggesting that the family consider other options is one thing, making up a load of BS to try to persuade is pretty crappy and unhelpful.

OP: others are right that you will sacrifice some space to live on HK island vs many places in Kowloon, but it is entirely incorrect to say that one is better than the other. I've yet to come across a place in HK that is totally unsuitable for children (although personally I would have a hard time raising them somewhere like Mong Kok or parts of Causeway Bay that are just insanely crowded...)

Alright Mat. Easy to say there are plenty of alternatives for 30k a month on hk island. Go on then. List a few buildings with price, size and facilities for kids

Same for you ellie. Easy to say...but you guys dont answer the question. Give price, size and list of amenities for kids.

Seeing as how this thread has (predictably) digressed off HK and into Park Island (again), then the OP may as well consider Tseung Kwan O.

It's on the MTR, it's got more than a single small supermarket, and a slew of newer apartment complexes with plentiful playgrounds, indoor playgyms, heated indoor pools, etc. It's fairly inexpensive (a 30K budget should be plenty). It's about as family friendly as anywhere I've seen in HK and doesn't have weird ferry downsides to it.

By the way, having one swimming pool doesnt make it child friendly in my books. I used to live in the Merton in kennedy town. Had a fairly good clubhouse...but then where do you take your kids running and cycling, where are the parks etc...

Same for you ellie. Easy to say...but you guys dont answer the question. Give price, size and list of amenities for kids.
    i'm not your f*ing estate agent, but since you are sooo curious, here is a list of a few apartments from just one estate agent that would seem to meet OPs criteria (i have narrowed the search to 3 bedroom flats and increase the max price to 32K because there is often a little downward negotiation in price) on HK island:

http://www.hongkonghomes.com/en/prop...er=rental+desc
    Mat and HowardCoombs like this.

I can read just fine - "or any budget actually" - Parkview is great for kids was just a rebutttal to you, not a recommendation to the OP. My recommendation (SH) to the OP is within his budget and ticks off everything Park Island offers except for the beach (big promenade spaces for kids to run around without cars, 2 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool, tennis courts, gymnasium, 2 workout gyms, clubhouse, seaview, at least 3 intl kindies within walking distance) plus it offers many things that Park Island does not (close to Intl schools, cheap transport to anywhere in HK Island). Though if you want to be anal you could argue Ap Lei Chau is not really HK Island.

And the majority of the places mentioned are nowhere near an mtr

Alright Mat. Easy to say there are plenty of alternatives for 30k a month on hk island. Go on then. List a few buildings with price, size and facilities for kids
    It seems to me that I provided a website with all the information you list above.Take the time to read it and then come back on here and feel free to discuss.