Like Tree32Likes

Apartment building for toddlers

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

OP,Please state if being close to an MTR is a need for youPlease state if you will be driving or notPlease also state where your office will be and while we are at it, the size of the flat you wish to have.It would avoid a lot of debate between the usual suspect of this forum, as you may have seen, who all hold the truth (their truth that is), and we could advise you better.Please don't be put off by those debates, they are a natural thing, albeit not always healty, of this place.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

I don't usually post in threads where religion is an issue (hence stayed away from the baptism thread). It looks like I will avoid "where to live" threads as well. That way all newbies can flood to the New Territories and Park Island, and I can get some peace and quiet and sidewalk space on HK Island.

You got it right Threelittlepigs.The OP was rather clear in what he was looking for but as usual the thread has deviated and turned into a MTR vs Bus vs Taxi vs Car argument and the usual NT vs HK island argument.As if you would not live well on HK island for 30 K with 2 young kids......frankly....not everyone likes country side or village houses or ferry rides....

Last edited by Mat; 03-10-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    papaya likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:
    Goldwin Heights 2 Seymour Road, mid level. Swimming pool, Gym, shuttle to the central + playground for children. 3 rooms, 2 baths gross area 1,000 sq ft. within your budget.
    nice building, good facilities, very convenient area... but a lot of constructions around Goldwin Hights... consider this before decision
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    ....not everyone likes country side or village houses or ferry rides....
    right, I tried the greener side of HK and hated it. happy to be back in busy mid levels
    shri likes this.

>> .frankly....not everyone likes country side or village houses or ferry rides....

I fully agree here.

And its not like everyone who has a second child picks up and moves to NT / Kowloon either.

Plenty of choices available here, on HK side in the $30/sq ft range @ 1000 sq ft AND within easy access to MTRs.

I'd love to start pruning this thread .. and may be I should.

HowardCoombs and papaya like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    >> .frankly....not everyone likes country side or village houses or ferry rides....

I fully agree here.

And its not like everyone who has a second child picks up and moves to NT / Kowloon either.

Plenty of choices available here, on HK side in the $30/sq ft range @ 1000 sq ft AND within easy access to MTRs.

I'd love to start pruning this thread .. and may be I should.
    Shri, the problem you've got is that if you stopped people like me, Min07, Randy1, etc, many newbies would never consider the NTs. I would guess that having a rent budget under 30k means the income is relatively low.

I offer an alternative and out come the haters. If you're rent budget is 30k it's quite likely that saving 10k-20k on rent would be attractive, even if it means an extra 20 minutes on the bus or whatever.

To put it another way, there's nothing in it for me to sell Tuen Mun, I'm just trying to help the OP.

BE: I agree, but then random conversation that follows a valid suggestion then reduces the value of a helpful post ( which was your first post in the thread... )

That should have been posted as me .... was in the middle of trying to track down a randy1 clone

So it was you that went on a cleaning spree