BelAir Noise - Quiter Places?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We live in a large complex in Pok Fu Lam and there's always people moving in, flats being redecorated. Basically you can't get away from the noise.

Belchers - Nice .. but I personally think its very crowded. May be I'm spoiled by the open areas around where we live in Pokfulam.

Shimmer - If you want to move and have budgeted around 40-50K then look at the older buildings in the Pokfulam area .. rock solid construction, square rooms and the apartments have a very high level of efficiency.

Bisney Road ... Scenic Villas ... Baguio Villas ...

You might have to sacrifice the club facilities in some of these buildings.

Actually I just remembered I have a friend who has moved into Scenic Villas......must give her a call and ask some questions. Thanks for reminding me!

Yes Iarac I agree with you! I know all about the kids upstairs, the piano at 11pm, the loud rock music.......the list goes on. I am on my way out right now to the real estate agents! Get me out of here! LOL!!!

Noise in Bel Air ????? You are kidding, right?

I have been here for 15 months and I have at least lived in 5 other buildings in HK previously. What noise?

You need a standalone house on quarter acre

BTW, did you register yourself just to post this rant??? Are we going to see you again ??

Last edited by back2HK; 12-01-2008 at 11:55 AM.

>> You need a standalone house on quarter acre

Or move out of the frat-party-apartment block of belair.

Knowitall......Just been to inspect Baguio Villas and have appointments soon at Scenic Villas. Thanks to everyone who has contributed some good ideas to me for new places to look at. Much appreciated

the only solution to noise problems in HK is a one way airplane ride i'm afraid, or as others have noted budgeting 50K monthly for a house on Po Lo Che road or somewhere like that.

i hear you shimmer, and i don't mind if you registered just for that - it's good to share. whatever you do, stay away from the Gold Coast, they make fancy promises of quiet when you're considering signing and then you realize it's the same old deal: lunatic neighbors, banging, music, yelling and the evergreen renovations.

indeed good luck!

Try Cherry Crest

It is very close to Centre Stage (3 minutes walk). Very quiet location. Just in front a community park. I have a friend living there. Very quiet inside too.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2