Like Tree31Likes

What are your favourite apartment blocks in HK?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Cool - happy to ignore PI. Just like the idea of cheaper rent and more space... but don't think it is the right area given I'm new to HK.

Any more favourite blocks, pls post!

Last edited by londontohk2012; 09-10-2012 at 07:59 AM.

The building where I live is clearly the best in Hong Kong. I chose to live there, how could it not be?

Equally clearly, I'm not going to tell you where it is. Why on earth would I want any of you bums moving into my neighbourhood?

bookblogger and Football16 like this.

OP - As Dipper has hinted*, the majority of people will be biased towards their own location so these threads tend to turn into a 'Where I live is great and where he lives is rubbish' fest. Of course I'm sure you'll do so - but you'll get the best idea by going to a few locations, finding an estate agent, and taking a look around.

*and BTW dipper's building obviously isn't the best in HK because mine is.

oyl

OP...i would also suggest you to live in tung chung, with 700sq feet , two bed rooms, 35 mins MTR, if you live in Tung Chung Cresent and coastal skyline, the rent is around 14K to 16K, if you want cheaper rent, you better to bring a local with you , when you are hunting the apartment, cos the real estate agents here are quite tricky, they will offer you an expensive rent (usually more than the normal rent 2000-3000 dollars) while they have business with foreigner.

i still remenber when i tried to find the apartment with my boyfriend in tung chung, me and my boyfriend asked the amount of the rent in different real estate agent, what i can get is
    $9800 for 646 sq feet apartment, while he got $13000 for the same size apartment.

i think it is common practice for most of real estate agent here, so , you better to be more careful in bargaining the rent.

however, i do believe it's quite personal choice on choosing apartment, different areas suit different person, i think you can rent a services apartment in the first few months, then try to figure out and explore areas which are more favorable for you to live.

Last edited by oyl; 09-10-2012 at 10:59 AM.

It's trivial to get recent transaction list for any good sized building and check what similar units to the ones you are being shown have recently been rented at.

Seaview Crescent transactions - for example - are here

http://hk.centadata.com/eptest.aspx?...P&info=&page=0

I just picked this as it is mentioned in the post above, despite meeting none of the features mentioned as attractive by the OP.

shri and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by njaeger
    Not true. I did it many times. It actually takes 37 minutes on MTR alone. Add to this the time to get to the MTR station and to get out of it and you're looking at 45min journey really. ...
    Simple fix: Take the Airport Express and pull the emergency stop just before it heads underground at Tung Chung (right nest to CC in fact!)...gotta be way faster than 37 minutes!...of course this might only work once....
    bookblogger likes this.

I live in Long Beach, close to Olympic MTR. There are various condos to choose from in your price range.
    2 stops to central. Tung Chung is cheaper and great for airport workers but in my opinion could be social suicide. Victoria place in Kowloon is also another option.
    I lived in Wan Chai for 2 months and loved the atmosphere. Would still be there now but it's rather pricey and you get more square feet for your bucks if you move away from Hong Kong island.

As a rule of thumb, any district that begins with T, e.g. Tung Chung, Tuen Mun, Tseung Kwan O, is a remote nightmare urban hell of bad planning and best avoided unless you are actively seeking social death.

jgl and shenwen like this.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger
    As a rule of thumb, any district that begins with T, e.g. Tung Chung, Tuen Mun, Tseung Kwan O, is a remote nightmare urban hell of bad planning and best avoided unless you are actively seeking social death.
    The Peak, Tai Po, Tai Wai, Tseun Wan…

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

Calm down Mat!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast