Like Tree31Likes

What are your favourite apartment blocks in HK?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

What are your favourite apartment blocks in HK?

Hello

I'm a 27 British male, moving to Hong Kong next month. Never lived in HK before but very excited!

My question is: could you reply with your favourite apartment blocks in HK (whatever the area) and put a short reason why?

Maybe you've lived in them, or maybe you've been jealous of your friends who do. Just think by accumulating local knowledge we could get a useful list of recommended high quality apartment blocks going. For example, I have seen a number of posts for Goldwin Heights on here.

In terms of more background on me, I will be working for a bank in Central. I'm not a party animal though so don't need to be next to LKF. I am looking for a 2 bedroom flat with decent space (700 sq ft net) and a nice interior. In an ideal world, I want to be able to walk undercover or under a/c from my front door straight through to my office (using MTR is ok). I'm perfectly fine with travelling 20-30 mins if necessary. Local supermarkets/malls are a big bonus. In terms of budget, I'm aiming of 20k to 30k. Don't let my background limit your replies

Thanks so much!

The Arch would fit all your requirements nicely. I live next door but fairly sure The Arch has smaller flats (700 sq feet) around your budget. You get a nice apartment block and good concierge service to handle minor hassles (laundry, parcel delivery, booking tradesmen, borrowing tools etc).

It is completely undercover and air con to Central in 4 mins MTR ride and 15-20 minutes door to door. Plenty of local malls and supermarkets a short walk away in Jordan/Mongkok/Tsim Sha Tsui. Taxi to any of those locations is 5 minutes and $20, or a 20 minute walk to Jordan/TST.

On your budget, you can certainly find great places in Tung Chung. Like in Coastal Skyline, or Caribbean Coast. I live in Caribbean Coast and really recommend it: Great view, open space, access to clubhouses, and 30 mins MTR from Central.

Well, if your background shouldn't limit our replies, then some of our favorite apartment blocks aren't apartment blocks at all (or have only 3 flats in the block) ... we enjoy living "out in the sticks" in village housing, or even on a boat! Quite apart from enjoying cheaper rents, there's a great sense of community in many villages, some of us are easy walking distance from a beach, we can have barbecues in our yards or on our rooftops, plant our own gardens, and still have better access to public transport than most places in Australia or Europe.

All that said, I'm old enough to be your mother, so I don't expect you to take any notice of me

bryant.english and pandancake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioPereira
    On your budget, you can certainly find great places in Tung Chung. Like in Coastal Skyline, or Caribbean Coast. I live in Caribbean Coast and really recommend it: Great view, open space, access to clubhouses, and 30 mins MTR from Central.
    Not true. I did it many times. It actually takes 37 minutes on MTR alone. Add to this the time to get to the MTR station and to get out of it and you're looking at 45min journey really. Not that great if you want to be close to your office. I'd chose something closer if I were you. Kennedy Town is cool (The Merton / Manhattan Heights) are new buildings with sea view, clubhouse, would fit your budget and would only be 15 min away by bus or minibus, and only 7 min away by cab ($23)
    Quite a few good buildings in Sheung Wan as well.

I hear the Larvotto is great. Real quality construction!

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. Really helpful. Any more ideas, pls let me know. Would anyone recommend Park Island?

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by londontohk2012
    Thanks so much everyone for your replies. Really helpful. Any more ideas, pls let me know. Would anyone recommend Park Island?
    not for a single 27 y old new to hk.

PI is more family oriented.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

As far as I know, nobody on Geoexpat has ever recommended Park Island, ever, ever.
    audiot likes this.

Some would, most would not.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast