Cheap accommodation around Kowloon & Hung Hom?

Closed Thread

Cheap accommodation around Kowloon & Hung Hom?

I travel to HK often from Guangzhou and usually return back the same day (just a 2 hour train back from Hung Hom). However, recently I have been finding myself in situations, where I may have to spend more than a day in Hong Kong and therefore I would like suggestions for "low cost" places in Hong Kong, where I could stay, preferably around Hung Hom or Kowloon (but I am fairly flexible) on this.

Any ideas would be appreciated. If the place has Internet that would be a real bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by gz_expat:
    I travel to HK often from Guangzhou and usually return back the same day (just a 2 hour train back from Hung Hom). However, recently I have been finding myself in situations, where I may have to spend more than a day in Hong Kong and therefore I would like suggestions for "low cost" places in Hong Kong, where I could stay, preferably around Hung Hom or Kowloon (but I am fairly flexible) on this.

Any ideas would be appreciated. If the place has Internet that would be a real bonus.
    Tea House guesthouse in Hunghom ia fairly cheap and close to the train.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

What exactly do you mean by low cost? US$10? US$50? US$100?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Tea House guesthouse in Hunghom ia fairly cheap and close to the train.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Thanks Mate. Will give them a go.

What exactly do you mean by low cost? US$10? US$50? US$100?
    Anything that offers a "decent saving" over a 1 bed room in a hotel..lets say.

some hotel rooms can only cost HK$400 per night if you book through travel agents in HK, its that expensive for you ???

What is considered cheap, would you like to slum it in Chunking Mansion for $150 per night, some love motels in Mong Kok, you can get a room after midnight if I'm not mistaken as seen from the signs on the road for $80.

Correct name is Bridal Tea House in Hunghom

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...Hong_Kong.html

go to Booking.com and there are pretty of cheap options around $400 a night.