Like Tree5Likes

Ideal Apartments for a baby?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ideal Apartments for a baby?

We like to take our baby out for a walk but we don't always want to take a taxi somewhere to do it.

We discovered Bel-Air in Pok Fu Lam and we like how there's a decent size park conveniently downstairs to take our baby for a walk and it's also right beside the sea which is a really nice view for when living there. Unfortunately, I haven't yet been able to find a place in Bel-Air that is willing to rent for less than 1 year.

Is there any other apartments on HK Island that has a pretty big size park for baby strolling with a sea view? Or even a beach? Or even a place to walk without having to worry about much vehicle traffic?

Thanks!

Budget?
    Parkview?

I think your challenge may be less about an apartment with park/view/etc and more about finding a place willing to rent for less than one year

Last edited by shenwen; 11-10-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Perhaps $50,000hkd budget.

Have you lived in Parkview before? Opinions?

No - I believe they have short term appts though and I have walked past it many times while hiking - it's very well located for hikes up to jardines lookout or down to the dam. The one down to the dam is paved so fine for a stroller. There is a supermarket on site, but everywhere else is a cab. I wouldn't live there. I live in the Gold Coast - which is perfect for people with babies, but it's a long way from Central where I assume your husband works.

hayzen likes this.

Parkview serviced apartments are good for young children and the facilities and amenities at Parkview can't be beat. Not sure what the serviced apartments are going for right now, but if it is in your budget, would highly recommend - indoor playroom (huge), outdoor playground, large lawn for running on the podium level, close to hiking and walks, indoor and outdoor pools, playgroups and other organised childrens' activites. Lots of families with your children, both new to HK and long term residents, there also.

It takes no longer to get to Central from Parkview than from Bel Air/ Pokfulam. 15-20 minutes on the frequent residents bus (don't need to rely on a taxi or car), perhaps extended to 20-30 minutes in peak morning traffic. A taxi is even quicker and costs 50-60HKD.

Last edited by elliee; 11-10-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    hayzen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elliee:
    Not sure what the serviced apartments are going for right now...
    These prices look fairly current:
    http://www.squarefoot.com.hk/serviced-apartments/69/
    elliee and hayzen like this.

It sounds very good! I'll check it out and hope it's the type I'm looking for. Thanks everyone!

How about Harbourside beside the ICC in West Kowloon? It looks like there is a fairly big enclosed podium level to take the baby for a stroll as well as the Kowloon Promenade just outside near the waterfront. Anyone have any experience living there?

Thanks. I checked out the service apartments and it seems pretty nice. Do you know if the nearby apartments such as The Arch are just as nice or as spacious?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast