Like Tree2Likes

Young Expats in New Territories

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Best to do it after work so you get a feel for the journey as well as the place.
    Here is the ferry schedule from Aberdeen: http://www.td.gov.hk/en/transport_in...index.html#o09

Once you get off the ferry in Yung Shue Wan, head down the path past the toilets and you will see a an estate agents on the left hand side of the path :
    http://www.lammaresort.com/contact_e.html

Go in there and see what they have suitable for your budget...

To the OP: there are many bus routes from Kowloon to Aberdeen/cyber port so you could also investigate areas like Hung Hom and Prince Edward. I have a few single young professional friends that live in Hung Hom and they're pretty happy with it. You may need to add 2k or so to get a decent place but should think its worth investigating.

It's the real HK and while not exactly Soho it's authentic, bustling and a little bit more exciting than Aberdeen which I agree is a dive.
    Good luck.

>> I currently work in Cyberport which I know is going to be inconveniant where ever I am based off the island.

Seriously take a look at Chi Fu, South Horizons, Aberdeen, Tin Wan, Kennedy Town. All have bus / mini bus service to Cyberport ( 10-25 mins v/s 90+ mins from NT ).

$15K will get you a place in any of those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    >> I currently work in Cyberport which I know is going to be inconveniant where ever I am based off the island.

Seriously take a look at Chi Fu, South Horizons, Aberdeen, Tin Wan, Kennedy Town. All have bus / mini bus service to Cyberport ( 10-25 mins v/s 90+ mins from NT ).

$15K will get you a place in any of those areas.
    Shri, are there any buses from Cyberport to area like Taikoo etc etc. Could be an option albeit not the best if buses do the trip. Cant really check now w the phone...

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

Yes, the 69 mini bus does go to Quarry Bay. I think its $9 each way. Not sure how long the commute takes.

If commute times are an issue best to stay away from the Aberdeen Tunnel. Can get VERY congested.

Last edited by shri; 13-10-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Yes, the 69 mini bus does go to Quarry Bay. I think its $9 each way. Not sure how long the commute takes.
    Its $10 and the commute from Quarry bay is about 30-35mins.
    If commute times are an issue best to stay away from the Aberdeen Tunnel. Can get VERY congested.
    For those going to work in Cyberport, its a non issue most of the time as they are going against the traffic. Fridays can be bad (certain times) but the rest of the week is decent unless there is an accident.....