Lease extension at Harbourview Horizon

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lease extension at Harbourview Horizon

My lease will end soon and is anyone nice enough to give me some advice?

1. They are asking a 20% rent increase and they 'sound' very firm. Has anyone ever successfully negotiated a better price? How?

2. Can I move to a cheaper or another apartment? Apparently they claimed that there was nothing available right now but I'm pretty sure there are empty apartments. But how do I do it? Would they let me?

3. Any other advice?

Thank you in advance.

I have the same problem, can anyone give me advice as well? Thanks

Use another new name to register, they can give you the promotional price

I was an attendent there early this year and decided not to continue living there. First of all, I tried register with different names or even had a friend to do that. It doesn't work.

Word of advice, look for other places. It was difficult for me looking for a place back in Feb because everyone was trying to sell their property and resulting short of supply with renting apartment. Housing price is dropping slightly now and more owners are leasing their properties. So you will have more choices with better price.

Metro Harbour View at Tai Kok Tsui is only $8500/mth. Although is smaller than Harbourview Horizon Hotel, but beat the price and no bad managment that you have to put up with.

I would suggest you are better to plan how long you want to continue to live in there as every time you renew the contract, they will increase the rent. This is really unacceptable and unrealistic.

I would like to share my experience in here. I renewed my contract in March. At that time, I accepted they increased the rent 20% from 14,000 to 16,800. As I choose a 6 months plan, so it is time to contact them to discuss about the contract renewal recently and they said they increase the rent again with another 20%. Do you think this is reasonable? It is totally unacceptable. Less than a year, but with a 40 increasment.

I asked why they need to increase the rent 20% everytime during the contract renewal. Base on what reasons? The sale can't answer properly.

They make me feel that they are so bad. I choose to live in harbourview at the beginning because I want to use a more reasonable/ budget price to rent a better suite. But now the price grows up to nearly 20k, I can have a lot of choices and no need to live in a place with such a bad management.

Be careful and take care.

I live in T2 and afraid the same that the rent may go up but suprised that w/ the current economic situation in HK they still insist on 20% increment. I thought if you sign up for a year lease the rent shld be a bit cheaper?

I wonder if there are still many ppl want to move here since there are so many serviced apt out in the mkt.

im being asked for a 10% increase on rate from a year ago. not impressed considering the current ecomomic downturn. its obvious the rental prices have come down substantially in the past 2-3 months, simply walk into any real estate office and even the advertised rates on posters look attractive . the sales staff at hh insist the rates they quote are non-negotiable and are hotel rates not rental market rates. though i question this argument fundamentally and thats a another one sided debate i dont care to go into (from a service perspective). did anyone have any luck getting a promotional price or take up the issue with anyone more senior than the over counter sales staff (who seem to talk pleasure on getting u to leave)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo:
    im being asked for a 10% increase on rate from a year ago. not impressed considering the current ecomomic downturn. its obvious the rental prices have come down substantially in the past 2-3 months, simply walk into any real estate office and even the advertised rates on posters look attractive . the sales staff at hh insist the rates they quote are non-negotiable and are hotel rates not rental market rates. though i question this argument fundamentally and thats a another one sided debate i dont care to go into (from a service perspective). did anyone have any luck getting a promotional price or take up the issue with anyone more senior than the over counter sales staff (who seem to talk pleasure on getting u to leave)?
    I'm struggling to find any grounds on which you are basing these 'complaints'...no one is forcing you to live there, you have been provided a service for a fixed period of time (your lease) at a fixed price. You are now requesting the service once more and they are informing you how much it will cost, if you don't like it then you are free to go else where.

It always amuses me to see client's reactions when I provide them a quote for our services and they complain that they can get it much cheaper else way and I tell them to go else where then. We are not forcing them to use our services, however if they want to use them, then they have to pay our costs. Simple.

cmlg

Do some research

Rosewater,

Do some research by asking property agents in your areas to see how much the rent is (flat at the same size in Harbourview Horizon).

Ask two or three property agents to get the reasonable price range.

Local landlords always think expatriate is less concern with price. Most of them think expatriate earn high income and can pay more.

Tell your landlord how much is the market price, if he/she overcharge you then you move. You can tell him/her there are better offer in the market.

Most local landlords willing made concession.

Good luck

Last edited by cmlg; 17-12-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    I'm struggling to find any grounds on which you are basing these 'complaints'...no one is forcing you to live there, you have been provided a service for a fixed period of time (your lease) at a fixed price. You are now requesting the service once more and they are informing you how much it will cost, if you don't like it then you are free to go else where.

It always amuses me to see client's reactions when I provide them a quote for our services and they complain that they can get it much cheaper else way and I tell them to go else where then. We are not forcing them to use our services, however if they want to use them, then they have to pay our costs. Simple.
    Likewise as a customer im amused by the professional intergrity of the whole establishment..
    just to start with, i think i have a valid and qualified complaint when i look outside my apartment window and see 5 gigantic promotion billboards which are so grounded on false advertising they represent no more than graffiti. the day they remove them or update them to make them trully representative of the rates they offer i'll be satisfied with paying more. moreover, I suggest u stand in front of one, call their hotline and see how far u get on securing what's advertised, or even coming reasonably close to what's on the fine print. this is where part of my arguement lies. Simple no, shoddy and worthy of being unlawful in many other countries, yes.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast