Like Tree3Likes

Appartment in Hong Kong Island

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Appartment in Hong Kong Island

Hi everyone,
    Someone know where I can find appartment not so expensive, I went to check on Craigslist but I didn't find nothing that I like or that can be sure? Help me please

very few people in hk use craigslist, at least that's been my experience.

the best thing to do when looking for a flat is to figure out which area in which you want to live, then walk down the street and into one of the tens of thousands of estate agencies that populate the shops in hong kong. tell them your requirements and then go and look at the flats they have on offer.

Thanks!! I am looking on causeway Bay Area , becauseI work here, sometimes I look outside these agency without go inside, but all is write in Chinese, and really I think that is no good, no love here just Chinese people, but anyway I will check!!! Thanks!!😀

Go in and ask them if they speak English. Many/Most of them will do so and then, hopefully, you will also find love as well as Chinese people.

carang likes this.

you're shocked that a city of 95% chinese people use chinese for most of their advertising?

as HC said, just go in and ask. most of them will at least have a basic understanding, enough for you to say your budget, location, size etc.

Ok, I understand that most of people are chinese, but hong kong already is an international metropoli, so...... But anyway I will go in and let's see....

95% of the population are chinese... hence in many, if not most areas, the real estate is advertised in chinese... there are some exceptions where there are advertisements in english, too... but it isn't really surprising that their ads, for the most part, cater to the largest part of the population.

i'm surprised you haven't even tried going into an agency yet...

if you don't try new things, ie, entering a shop that has chinese on the windows, you will miss out on a lot of what hk has to offer. don't be shy! get out and try it! you may run into a couple of places that don't speak english, but most places (especially in causeway bay) will have someone who can speak some semblance of english.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    you're shocked that a city of 95% chinese people use chinese for most of their advertising?

as HC said, just go in and ask. most of them will at least have a basic understanding, enough for you to say your budget, location, size etc.
    Well actually, both Chinese and English are "official languages" according to the basic law. Have you noticed all of your bills and government documents are available inn both languages?

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    Well actually, both Chinese and English are "official languages" according to the basic law. Have you noticed all of your bills and government documents are available inn both languages?
    And what does this have to do with Italian realtors in Zurich or German Real estate agents in Geneva?

Official language compels the government to offer services in those languages. As for the private individuals that offer products and services, no love, just Chinese.
    carang likes this.

english and french are both official languages of canada... that means, just like in bi-lingual hong kong, that OFFICIAL gov't services are offered in both... as HC said, it doesn't mean that you will have french advertisements in the Yukon Territory...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast