Which apartment to choose ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Which apartment to choose ?

Hi All,
    I'm single and will be moving to HK on Jan '13, my company will provide a serviced apartment and these are the options : Shama Causeway Bay, The Ellipsis Happy Valley and Vega Suites Tseung Kwan O.
    Could anyone give me a pro and cons of these three options?
    I'm a laid back person, not that party animal type. I love to go hiking, walking in the beach, taking photography hunting, and really hope i can get a nice hill or harbour view from the apartment. And i like to cook too, so I'm looking for a place near a supermarket.
    Please help...

Where will your workplace be?
    Sharma and Elipsis are about 10 min walk from each other. Vega is 20-30 mins away by taxi/bus/MTR.

With that kind of personality you might be happier further out. But that would involve a commute if you work in or near Central. So I will wait to see the location before commenting.

Sharma CWB is opposite Times Square which is an extremely busy shopping area. The only view you will get here is of other skyscrapers.

The location is convenient for a lot of things though, including Happy Valley, Hong Kong Stadium, MTR, Extensive shopping, restaurants etc

Vega Suites Tseung Kwan O is very new, close to clear water bay for Hiking, you should get a sea view, not too crowded, shopping centre with supermarket in the same building. MTR to central will take 30 mins during rush hour.

My workplace is in Taikoo..

Sounds like Vega Suites for you then!

hi all, thank you very much for your inputs...
    Btw, how long does it takes from TKO to Taikoo? And until what time the MTR operates? I'm also wondering about the security in TKO area...I have been to HK island for travelling in 2005 and I know it's very safe even until late at night to be wandering around...but i notice that TKO is a bit far from the crowd and just wondering will it be less safe?

Quote Originally Posted by tinahehehe
    hi all, thank you very much for your inputs...
    Btw, how long does it takes from TKO to Taikoo? And until what time the MTR operates? I'm also wondering about the security in TKO area...I have been to HK island for travelling in 2005 and I know it's very safe even until late at night to be wandering around...but i notice that TKO is a bit far from the crowd and just wondering will it be less safe?
    If you like a more calm lifestyle and enjoy hiking, then it shld be the service apt in TKO. MTR from TKO to Taikoo shld take you around 15 mins, u have to change trains once, it really is very convenient. And TKO is also safe, no worries!

you will be fine in TKO - I'd guesstimate about 20 mins to Tai Koo. - its probably a longer commute than from Times Square.

Actually even in Times Square you arent that far from a hike. walk up past the race course in Happy Valley and you can ascend to Braemer Hill, pretty amazing views there!

personally I hate Causeway Bay tho; far too many people!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast