All about Tai Po vs Clearwater Bay

Closed Thread

All about Tai Po vs Clearwater Bay

Hello,

We are planning to move outskirts and have shortlisted these 2 areas that we think we'll like. Would be grateful for any info regarding the following:

- which of these do you think is more family friendly?
    - Hubby works at Kowloon station, while I sometimes need to get to Central and TST, what public transport options do we have at these places?
    - any particular village/estate that you would recommend?

Thanks!

Tai Po to Kowloon station daily is an almighty trek, not one I'd like to do daily.
    Minibus or bus to Tai Po Station. MTR to Hung Hom change trains to Nam Cheong then to Kowloon station. 43 minutes by MTR plus journey time from yours to the station.

No direct bus route so rule tai Po out.

Quote Originally Posted by elgoh:
    Hello,

We are planning to move outskirts and have shortlisted these 2 areas that we think we'll like. Would be grateful for any info regarding the following:

- which of these do you think is more family friendly?
    - Hubby works at Kowloon station, while I sometimes need to get to Central and TST, what public transport options do we have at these places?
    - any particular village/estate that you would recommend?

Thanks!
    Tai Po and Sai Kung are v big area so it really depends where you end up.

Best is to take two weekends visit each place with agent/without agent and see what works out for you best

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

Aside from the transportation drawback, Tai Po is a nice and quite town. Pretty safe. I know some students in secondary school who go running/riding their bike around 8 at night. There's a few nicer estates up the mountain near Tai Po market that are accessible by shuttle bus. If you look at the map, it's just to the left of Tai Po market MTR station.

Not sure about clearwater bay.

With your transport requirements, would it not make more sense to look at the other side of town?
    Gold Coast, ShamTseng, TuenMun areas...