looking for a place under 10,000, for temporary stay. possible?

Closed Thread

looking for a place under 10,000, for temporary stay. possible?

I'll be in HK from jan 1st 2013 and will be looking for a place to stay while I find a job. My girlfriend will be staying with me, so ideally, I want something more then just a bed. the plan is that I want to stay at a place temporarily for maybe 1 to 2 months and then when/if I find a job, I can rent an apt closer. worse case I dont get anything in 6 months, I'm back to the states.

Right now, my gf works in sheung wan, so ideally if I want to be picky, the temporary stay will be in that district...but realistically, I"m open to anything, as long as it is not too expensive

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by semidevil:

thoughts?
    My thoughts are you should stop being lazy and look search property agent and expat classified sites yourself instead of asking for others to do the work for you

10k is going to be pretty tight in most areas of HK Island. You may be able to find a flatshare for 1/2 months for this price if it doesn't bother you.

http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/property/serviced.asp

You can try this but again your budget is unrealistic for a serviced apartment.

I'm assuming your gf lives with her parents otherwise why could you not stay at hers?
    Last edited by Trebor; 16-11-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Hey ,
    i found this in another discussion . thought it would be helpful

Recently I am searching a place to live for a month in HK, so I have the chance to see different lower budget studios (around 9000 - 11000 per month).

I have visited Cozy Studio, the staff was very friendly and helpful. But the place looks nothing like the photos on their websites, it is not very clean. However, i think it worth to view it, maybe they hv something nicer (if you're in HK already).

For Empire Studio, I have read different good reviews before, but then I found the real place was very disappointing. The staff was very unfriendly, I went there to view the place, she did not say a word when I ask sth, and just went to take a key. I even hesitated if I should go with her when she took a key. She then opened the door of a room (as you expected, still residences there but they went outside), still she did not say a single word. The room looks quite dirty and have weird smell.

Personally, I think YesinnSpace will be a bit better, their staff is a bit more friendly. And the place looks quite nice.
    I actually went by 238 Apartment, but the staff did not want to talk to me becoz it's fully booked at that moment.

Actually for those who knows your arrival date earlier, I suggest YWCA Lodge @ Kowloon Tong, their single room starts with 10000, KLN Tong is also a convenient area; Or you may go the Bridge Bay @ Tsuen Wan (just a bit far away, but it's a hotel). Or try Printemp!

IF you re exchange student in HK, I also saw that in Wan Chai Youth Square, they have a special offer (7500 hkd).

So good luck to all who are finding a place to stay for a month or two
    un quote

try airbnb