would like to know more about the chopstick building?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rmp

would like to know more about the chopstick building?

Hello - We are moving to HK by the end of March and start looking for apartments. We are wondering if the Chopstick building is good for a young family with 2 kids? It seems like a newer building. We have a budget of $130K. Can we afford to live there??

We would very much appreciate your input to help us make our decisions. Thanks very much.

AJZ

What/where is the chopstick building?

That doesn't sound like a proper building name...

My grandmother had a nickname for the twin towers. She called them the "Chopstick Buildings," an affectionate and private name which we always comically referred to. The towers are not there anymore. My 8-year-old boy was upset that the towers are gone. I told him the towers no longer matter. While the attack destroyed a physical part of American greatness, it could not and will not be able to destroy the spirit of the people.

David Peng, Hong Kong

regarding the searching of an apartment, please see 'moving to lantau', you will see quite a few updated infos there ...

Quote Originally Posted by rmp
    We have a budget of $130K.
    HK$ per month for rent?

If you're in that exalted league surely your employer has someone who advises on all this sort of stuff? That must be better than some anonymous internet forum?

rmp

Sorry. I wasn't clear about the building. It's the tower building on Stubbs Road. One is called High Cliff and the other one is called The Summit. They look very nice and spacious but seems very expensive, maybe beyond our budget. We do have a budget of HK$130K per month.

We like newer facilities. Since I have 2 very young children ( two year old and 6 months old), a nice playground for the kids is a must for us.

Any other recommendations?? Thanks again.

mp : good places all around town for that budget. Bel Air has some 2500 sq foot places in that range and the facilities for kids are pretty good there.

You might also want to take a look at landscope and see what seems suitable.

Is your $130K "use it or lose it"? If it's cash then if I were you I'd be looking at a 2000-2500 sq.ft place in a somewhat less over the top location for, say, $65000/month and pocketing the extra US$100K per year.

rmp

Thanks, PDLM. We would like to stay close to Central where the husband works. Is 3,000 sq ft place in Mid-level or the peak within our budget?? A nice kid play area is a must for us. Heard about Dynasty Court. What do you think about that one?

Thanks again.

I'm sorry, but $130K is way out of the range of mere mortals like me. I pay about $20K for my mortgage. I'm afraid you'll need to find someone of a more exalted level for advice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast