View Poll Results: If you were renting an apartment- which of the options below best meet with your needs?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Two double bedrooms one with ensuite (110sq ft & 80sq st) and one single/ office room (45sq ft)

1 20.00%
  • One double bedroom with ensuite (110sq ft) and one double bedroom (100 sq ft)

1 20.00%
  • One double bedroom with ensuite (110sq ft), two single rooms (both 60 sq ft)

0 0%
  • Same as option 1 but with no ensuite shower room in return for a larger bathroom or larger kitchen

1 20.00%
  • Same as option 2 but with no ensuite shower room in return for a larger bathroom or larger kitchen

2 40.00%
Like Tree6Likes

Renting an apartment in a Village house?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Renting an apartment in a Village house?

If you were looking for an apartment accomodation in a village house to rent, which of the following room configuration would you choose that best meets with your need?

Bearing in mind that the total Net floor area is 550 Sq ft including living room, kitchen and dinning room for any of the given options.

Please choose the following in my poll:-

1/ One double bedroom with ensuite (110sq ft), One double bedroom (80sq ft) and one single/ office room (45sq ft)
    2/ One double bedroom with ensuite (110sq ft) and one double bedroom (100 sq ft)
    3/ One double bedroom with ensuite (110sq ft), one single room (60 sq ft) and one small office (60 sq ft)
    4/ Same as option 1 but with no ensuite shower room in return for a larger bathroom or larger kitchen
    5/ same as option 2 but with no ensuite shower room in retun for a larger bathroom or larger kitchen

I look forward to your responses and await with bated breath! Thanks in advance for your participation in this survey.

Re the original post, I thought you were going to be living in it?

As most village houses are lived in by locals you'd be better off on a local forum. The needs of your potential tenants/buyers will probably be completely different to those who frequent these forums.

I thought village house were 700 Sq Ft? I looked at quite a few village houses before buying mine, they did tend to come in the "more rooms are better" variety

I didnt see many with ensuite bathrooms either

carang likes this.

Some are smaller units, usually rebuilt after demolishing an older house. Seen 400/550/600 sq ft before, even 800sq/ft where has been built on 2 old 400sq/ft plots. The 700sq/ft standard was bought in on the whatever policy it was in 1972.

The Mods deleted the thread with the survey.

SS- I decided to take the top floor and the rooftop; so will be renting out the other 2 floors (unless I can find 2 concubines to go with my first wife )

JK- pointed noted. There is no village forum on the www. I post this on here as most lower income expats are priced out of the market in Kowloon and HK island. (I don't think there is a HK immigrant forum either!). Nevertheless, village houses offer parking spaces that are appealing to car owners.

Audiot- all new village houses are 700sq ft (gross external floor area). The 550sq ft I noted is Net floor area after deduction of external walls and common staircase. What size is your village house?

Dragon - you better start getting used to gross sq ft quotes, you will just confuse people with the (admittedly more logical!) net figures.

Personally, I would go for 2 decent sized rooms BOTH with ensuite. I like bathrooms. We have 3 on the boat, which is just enough for the two of us.....

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Dragon - you better start getting used to gross sq ft quotes, you will just confuse people with the (admittedly more logical!) net figures.

Personally, I would go for 2 decent sized rooms BOTH with ensuite. I like bathrooms. We have 3 on the boat, which is just enough for the two of us.....
    Is it gross external or gross internal?

'be water my friend'

The law is changing in 2013, so you will have to quote net sizes instead of gross square feet in any new buildings.

The really confusing part is the new law won't cover the 2nd hand market, only new stuff, so older buildings will still be allowed to be quoted in gross size.

Gross indeed.

dragon....my advice would be to have a look inside some village houses. It would be difficult for you to make worse design decisions regarding layouts...

Local people will put up with bathroom and bedroom sizes that would be considered unworkable in the UK. en-suites are unnecessary IMO. (I mean, I'd like one, but for the local market?)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast