Like Tree16Likes

Cheap Accomodation for Filipinos

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by imshah
    In which paper Fiona,can i have a share link or reference, no actually Filipino have on arrival visa to Hong Kong for 14 days stay..'Tourist Visa'..i have read from immigration website.
    It's in the SCMP today, in the article about fake job opportunities in Cyprus.

For information, the 14-day visa on arrival is not automatic and should never be assumed to be so. The Immigration officer has the right to refuse entry if there is any cause for suspicion that the purpose of travel is not tourism or if there is no onward passage booked or in cases of a short trip to Macau and back to renew a tourist visa.

And is this colleague of yours here on holiday?

Update - extract from SCMP article:

One worker whose visa expired on December 1 was stranded in Macau after she went there for the day hoping for a renewal on return and was refused re-entry. She said she applied for the job after a friend pointed out the agency's advert in a newspaper for the Filipino community.

The worker, who previously worked in Dubai, said: "I came here because people said there were a lot of agencies in Hong Kong which could help me find a job elsewhere, such as Canada.

"This is my first attempt, and it has turned out to be a really bad experience."
    Last edited by Fiona in HKG; 19-12-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: update with further information

Quote Originally Posted by amitsingh_hk
    seriously on the one hand your company seems quite professional having an HO and your office here being a branch office.
    but on the other hand you seem quite unprofessional bringing in a tourist visa holder to work in your company and then do the visa run in Macau.

seriously what sort of an operation are you running...?
    it is ILLEGAL for a tourist visa to be working and it is ILLEGAL for a company to hire those without valid working visas. They will be deported out and your company and ppl in charge will face jail time...
    Geoexpaters will not be able to help you find a lawyer as no one would want to represent a dead case...

Be smart don't break the law...
    Yes the company is very professional there’s no doubt therein.
    Please clarify that he’s just coming for visiting the office and get acquaintance with the surroundings since he’s new.
    Please refer to my earlier post for the operations….
    Might be there is some communication-gap or wrong understanding, we already applied his visa as I mentioned earlier.
    You don’t worry there will not be any such situation because everything is LEGAL
    We are not smart but optimistic! BTW, thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG
    It's in the SCMP today, in the article about fake job opportunities in Cyprus.

For information, the 14-day visa on arrival is not automatic and should never be assumed to be so. The Immigration officer has the right to refuse entry if there is any cause for suspicion that the purpose of travel is not tourism or if there is no onward passage booked or in cases of a short trip to Macau and back to renew a tourist visa.

And is this colleague of yours here on holiday?

Update - extract from SCMP article:

One worker whose visa expired on December 1 was stranded in Macau after she went there for the day hoping for a renewal on return and was refused re-entry. She said she applied for the job after a friend pointed out the agency's advert in a newspaper for the Filipino community.

The worker, who previously worked in Dubai, said: "I came here because people said there were a lot of agencies in Hong Kong which could help me find a job elsewhere, such as Canada.

"This is my first attempt, and it has turned out to be a really bad experience."
    Thanks for sharing the article Fiona… Company has already provided all the requisite documents for his visit and confirmation of departure and accommodation etc.
    Meanwhile, if the visa will confirm than how we can activate it, could you please let us know?

Quote Originally Posted by imshah
    Thanks for sharing the article Fiona… Company has already provided all the requisite documents for his visit and confirmation of departure and accommodation etc.
    Meanwhile, if the visa will confirm than how we can activate it, could you please let us know?
    I think you are jumping the gun here, imshah. There have been a lot of discussions and advice given regarding the employment visa you are processing and the difficulties involved. My recommendation is that you wait until the visa is granted, then worry about activating it. Of course the proper way to activate it will be for the new employee to arrive in Hong Kong from his current base, and enter as a legal employee.
    chingleutsch likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4