Like Tree18Likes

Advice/opinions on where to live?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Advice/opinions on where to live?

Hi all, thanks in advance for any opinions!

Long story short, I'm a former NYCer who's lived in Australia for 5 years and is now moving to HK permanently after working there for 5 out of the last 7 months.

New office will be in central Causeway Bay, Windsor House. I just spent 3 months in a serviced apartment in CB and definitely don't want to live there. Our old office was in Mid-levels/SoHo and while it's OK, don't have a real urge to live there for the price. I prefer living a bit more remotely from my work and was looking at Lamma Island when considering a move with animals and husband. Now it looks like it will just be me. And isolated living out there might not be the best for my sanity?

I'd say my budget is up to 25K and would like a 1 bedroom (or 2), possibly a studio if it was an alcove set-up. I'd love some outdoor access, even if just a little balcony. And would like a view of some sort, even if just greenery. I was thinking it might be nice to try an all-inclusive building like J Residence. It's not my typical style but since moving on my own, I was thinking the easier, the better, at least for a year? I like visiting the city pools like in Victoria Park and running in the park too. I'm used to small spaces so that doesn't bother me a huge bit, good light/vibe is more important.

Any opinions out there? Any advice on full-service buildings? On areas of Wan Chai, North Point, Tin Hau, Happy Valley, etc.

Thanks a lot!

Sounds like Happy Valley fits you well. Or perhaps go over the other side of the Island to Stanley or similar areas for something with more outdoor feel. I would track the bus routes into CWB and find a location that would fit.

Check out Celeste Court in Happy Valley.

meadow8 likes this.

Good idea. Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by meadow8:
    Hi all, thanks in advance for any opinions!

Long story short, I'm a former NYCer who's lived in Australia for 5 years and is now moving to HK permanently after working there for 5 out of the last 7 months.

I'd say my budget is up to 25K and would like a 1 bedroom (or 2), possibly a studio if ..... good light/vibe is more important.

Any opinions out there? Any advice on full-service buildings? On areas of Wan Chai, North Point, Tin Hau, Happy Valley, etc.

Thanks a lot!
    Try Lime Habitat, 38 Ming Yuen Western St, North Point

It is managed by Sun Hung Kai, who are one of the top management companies in hk. My mate just rented there lastmonth, she is paying 21K, 500s qfeet, one bedroom

It is nicely tucked away at the end of a side street, and 3 minute walk to the MTR.
    meadow8 likes this.

Thanks LifeInHK, from some research online, Lime Habitat looks like a great option! Will definitely be checking that out in person.

I'd suggest Tai Hang. You get a lot for your money (relatively speaking) and it is close to Victoria Park and lots of transport. You can easily walk to Causeway Bay.

meadow8 likes this.

I second that. Tai Hang has some great restaurants and is tucked away from the chaos of Causeway Bay.

meadow8 likes this.

Tai hang is good, but there are also some nice places in Tin Hau close to the MTR station there. And if you're close to the MTR, you're close to Victoria Park pools and track, and of course Windsor House is just across the park. Happy Valley is nice, but the distance to MTR turns me off.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInHK:
    21K, 500s qfeet, one bedroom

wtbhotia likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast