Like Tree6Likes

Accomodation near Olympic MTR.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Accomodation near Olympic MTR.

Hi..

Am looking for a 2 bedroom (approx 800 sq Ft) apartment near olympic MTR. Wanted to know approximate cost for both furnished and unfurnished apartments.

Most of the places by Olympic MTR are newish. For that size, they would likely be 3bd. Prices $15 -25k up.

Old buildings (30 years say) in the area would be a lot cheaper but standards of the interiors would likely be a whole lot different.

Quote Originally Posted by gauravrnt:
    Hi..

Am looking for a 2 bedroom (approx 800 sq Ft) apartment near olympic MTR. Wanted to know approximate cost for both furnished and unfurnished apartments.

A brand new unfurnished flat (600 sq. ft) in the new buildings will go for ~13,000/month...so AJZ is correct with the figures she/he gave.

Another way to look at it - new buildings there usually cost 6000-8000/sqf these days. New rental yield runs around 3.5-4%. You can roughly know how much landlord would ask for.

Hi, I'm currently staying at Harbour Green at Olympic station.

It's a brand new development with full club house facilities and has covered walkways to the MTR station (about 5 min walk). My lease will end in May this year.

It's a 3-bed (small rooms) 702 sqft flat and I know the landlord is looking at rentals of around $18-20k per month unfurnished.

If you are interested, please PM and I can put you in touch with the landlord directly.

Another way is to check the websites of Midland and Centaline. They have a database of recent rental prices of most developments.

Thanks... Am actually looking for a 2 bedroom flat for 3 people... me, my wife and new born daughter... Preferably furnished... pl let me know the approximate rent for 2 bedroom flats

2 bedroom at 800 is quite difficult to find in this area. places are built to utilise space (so 800 will most likely be 3 bed). the majority (in fact all) 2 beds I looked for in this area were between 500 and 700. I took a 2 bed at hampton place. 13k for 620. unfurnished (our choice). It is a squeeze but perfectly livable

Thanks... How much will a 600sq ft 2 bedroom furnished apartment cost..?

Quote Originally Posted by gauravrnt:
    Thanks... How much will a 600sq ft 2 bedroom furnished apartment cost..?
    based on my recent (last month) apartment searches in the Olympic 1 area, I would estimate the following prices for 600 sq f, 2 bed.

hampton place - 13k to 15k
    island harbour view - 14K to 16k
    harbour green - 16k to 18k
    the apartments near Olympic 2 I did not look at but was told they were all 15k and up

Of course, you may be able to squeeze the price by 1k or so at any of these - it is all a question of luck. each apartment block has good and bad characteristics. I chose hampton place as it is has the lowest density and the lowest prices, and despite being a full five minutes extra walk from the MTR than IHV (the IHV agents were amazed that this did not bother me in the slightest)

hope this helps

you can get much cheaper (8000-9000) and possibly nicer if you go to metro harbour view.

the main draw backs:

- about 15mins walk to olympic or nam cheong
    - next to funeral home

but if you dont mind it s really good

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast