Like Tree65Likes

Sea Ranch - Mystery hotel on island to Macau

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    I was excited to see your message and actually go and try it...but....what they want to charge is downright stupid. Why would anyone pay that for Sea Ranch....
    I suspect the ad is aimed at people who don't know what they are letting themselves in for! The photos look superficially attractive, but it's also apparent that nobody ever lives in that flat.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    I was excited to see your message and actually go and try it...but....what they want to charge is downright stupid. Why would anyone pay that for Sea Ranch....

I just had a look at their availability. I guess you are not the only one to feel that as every single night in August and September is available.

Do you think a hotel at Sea Ranch would work? One could renovate a building or two for a "very quiet getaway", organise some fun fun activities for kids (like this), and open it during the summer holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert
    off topic I guess, and you can't see it from ferry, the Warwick hotel is hidden on the eastern side of Cheung Chau Island
    Yes, a little off-topic.

The Warwick was fine when it was $650 a night, I'd look elsewhere at $1250.
    Last edited by TigerSun; 30-07-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread - but passing by Chi Ma Wan yesterday made me do some online digging, and I came across both this thread and a bunch of articles. Must say I had never heard of Sea Ranch before ... sounds like an eerily fascinating place.

This documentary from last year - whilst short - gives some interesting footage.

Wonder how the place is doing now in 2015.

Last edited by tparker; 25-05-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    cookie09 likes this.

It's largely vacant apart from a few residents who like the quiet and solitude.

Very interesting. Any other similarly abandoned apartments? I wonder why more people don't live there - maybe because of the lack of internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Viktri
    I wonder why more people don't live there
    Limited ferry access.

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    Limited ferry access.
    Worse than lantau?

Quote Originally Posted by Viktri
    Very interesting. Any other similarly abandoned apartments? I wonder why more people don't live there - maybe because of the lack of internet?
    Limited ferry access, no local shops / restaurants / facilities. Questionable emergency access (although I heard they used to have a helipad - no idea if that's still usable. No fixed broadband access. Quite a commute to get anywhere. Probably feels a bit weird living there - bit like a ghost town / abandoned village.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast