Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7
Like Tree15Likes

Advice on Living in South Lantau

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

The host just told me to get a permit for my car and I am not in a position to question him even after it seems permits are not possible. It really isn't possible right?
    Buses and long windy roads do not make for a good combination

Elegiaque: Thanks for letting me know that taxis are not that hard to get. Reading some other posts it sounded very hard and I didn't want to be waiting in line for an hour (or getting to his house an hour early if I did get one right away).

Natfixit: Thank you especially for your perfect reply: Tung Chung MTR Exit D it is!

Quote Originally Posted by AmRa6
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

The host just told me to get a permit for my car and I am not in a position to question him even after it seems permits are not possible. It really isn't possible right?
    Buses and long windy roads do not make for a good combination

Elegiaque: Thanks for letting me know that taxis are not that hard to get. Reading some other posts it sounded very hard and I didn't want to be waiting in line for an hour (or getting to his house an hour early if I did get one right away).

Natfixit: Thank you especially for your perfect reply: Tung Chung MTR Exit D it is!
    Forget about the hassle of getting a temporary road permit. There are a limited number of parking spaces and if you unknowingly park in someone's 'spot', expect your car to be damaged or towed away, or both. Busses and ferries go long into the night.

Its rarely faster by taxi. Because they generally get stuck behind a bus!

You may well find no blue cabs in the queue and a long queue of people. in which case, look directly forward (with the MTR behind you) and you will see a bus stop across the road. Everything stops there and you can get on a bus. I take perhaps 1 taxi for every 10 buses I take on Lantau, and I hike there almost every week.

WMDS likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7