Where to live in Kowloon Tong with 3 small children

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by AJZ:
    What about The Belcher's in Pokfulam? It's on the island and it has facilities. About 15-20 minutes by bus/minibus to Central depending on the traffic. Easy taxi distance.

Probably some places in Repulse Bay too, although many will be 3 bedroomed.
    My husband plans to take a look over there. I really don't want 3 bedrooms with the twins together ... I've done that in Chicago ... not too good!

O.K Mommyto3,

after looking at your list of individual priorities, I'd say the area;s below will be fine providing it falls within your rental budget.

• Discovery Bay will be the most family friendly/easiest to shop on foot, providing the property you rent is near the plaza.. Commute to Central by ferry is 25 minutes.
    • Pok Fu Lam providing you are nearby Cyberport should be o.k for shopping, lots of young families there, as to shopping, Rani or KnowItAll would be your best advice givers on those points.

From what I have seen of Baguio Villa's, very nice big apartments with massive bedrooms ( by hong kong standards ) large kitchen and separate laundry rooms. Excellent sea views, bang for buck hard to beat for that location.
    • Happy Valley may also be suitable, just far enough away from the action to be quite civilized and quite around the complex / streets etc.
    • For 70K there should be loads of places in Soho and Mid Levels, with 3 bedrooms and a maids nook. 4 bedrooms and a maids nook won't be so easy.
    • Kowloon Tong off Tat Che Ave is within 5 minutes walking distance of Festival walk, the KT MTR/KCR, but I don't think 70K goes that far these days for that particular street. Maybe double your budget, as the town houses there have 4 bedrooms, court yard garden and a down stairs maids room.
      Broadcast Drive Kowloon Tong you should be able to find something. It's only 15 minutes walk to Mong kok from there also.

Belchers in my opinion is very pokey and has very poor space utilization, its chalk and cheese compared to Baguio villa's.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 26-02-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks Skyhook!

Baguio Villas are also on the short list. Still worried about schooling availability in DB. Worth checking out Kowloon Tong (also wrote down Broadcast Drive already), and possibly Happy Valley (I'll check that out).

I'll pass it on to the hubby who's flying this Sunday.

Thanks again!

>> Baguio Villas are also on the short list.

You'll find Upper Baguio to be in slightly better condition than Lower - take a look at both.

Belchers in my opinion is very pokey and has very poor space utilization, its chalk and cheese compared to Baguio villa's.
    I agree. When we looked at Belchers, I found the apartments to be your traditional "new" HK style apartments - very poor efficiency. We're looking at 95% overall efficiency in Upper Baguio and all the rooms are square - leading to high efficiency in the apartments.

i live in kowloon tong, and it's kinda hard to find a 4-bedroom place for $70K, but there is one complex worth checking out... it's called Parc Oasis, and there are loads of real estate agents around the area that help sell these places.. there's also Village Gardens, which has a bigger space area... i know Parc Oasis has a swimming pool, children's playground every few blocks, within walking distance of Festival Walk which has a supermarket full of Western food... Festival Walk has an ice skating rink, music tutorial center, a cinema, and it is right on top of the MTR station, so it'll take 20 minutes max to get to Central, and since AIS is right on the other side of Festival Walk, it'll take your child about 10 minutes to walk there...

i hope this helps..

BTW, did your agent mention that there are Chinese everywhere in Hong Kong, not only in Kowloon Tong.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanyForLife:
    i live in kowloon tong, and it's kinda hard to find a 4-bedroom place for $70K, but there is one complex worth checking out... it's called Parc Oasis, and there are loads of real estate agents around the area that help sell these places.. there's also Village Gardens, which has a bigger space area... i know Parc Oasis has a swimming pool, children's playground every few blocks, within walking distance of Festival Walk which has a supermarket full of Western food... Festival Walk has an ice skating rink, music tutorial center, a cinema, and it is right on top of the MTR station, so it'll take 20 minutes max to get to Central, and since AIS is right on the other side of Festival Walk, it'll take your child about 10 minutes to walk there...

i hope this helps..
    Thanks! The budget is not fixed, we can squeeze more in, but figured we can always (and easily) go up, not down.