Accomodation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Accomodation

Dear all,

We are moving to Hong Kong and have a budget of aprox 73.000 hkd pr month. We have more or less no knowledge about the city.

We are a young couple from Denmark and enjoy running, golf, swimming, fitness.

We will need space for our family and friends to visit.

What would you recommend ?

B

For that amount of money your list of places is very long.

where will u be working, do u mind commuting more than 1/2 hour each way everyday.

On HK island, look at Repulse Bay, Deep Water Bay and Shouson Hill. Most places will be near greenery, hiking trails and the ocean. Larger buildings will have on site fitness facilities. A little further south you have Stanley, Red Hill Peninsula and Tai Tam, which have similar benefits, but a slightly longer commute. With your budget you could also find a nice place in the Midlevels, which will have much more of a big city feel and less greenery.

Last edited by hello_there; 27-02-2008 at 12:43 PM.

It would be easier to list where HK73,000 won't get you in the door.
    But, as was pointed out, really need to know where you will be working and how long of a commute you are willing to stomach.

I will be working out of Kowloon Tong.

A little garden or a terrace would be nice and maybe a swimmingpool that we can share with others.

I would like to not spend more than 30 mins commuting each way

Quote Originally Posted by ppo015:
    I will be working out of Kowloon Tong.

A little garden or a terrace would be nice and maybe a swimmingpool that we can share with others.

I would like to not spend more than 30 mins commuting each way

Shatin, FoTan, Ma On Shan ....may have what your looking for ... in these areas your more likely to be able to have a garden / terrace with mountain or seaview however, all are in the New Territories - great for hiking and running.

And Tai Po, although you might be pushing your 30 minutes if you are talking door-to-door.
    Ditto for Hong Lok Yuen.
    Will you have a car?

Thanks all

Not really sure if I should get a car or not. It is a possibility that I have but not sure if I would use it.

But I will only have one so we will need access to publich transportation

Just with Hong Lok Yuen and Tai Po you might need a car to make your 30 minute commute. Even if you take the car to the train.

find a place in Kowloon tong, Yau Yat Tsuen or nearby, for your amount you should be able to get a two apartments there, try and find a duplex. Head over there and find an agency, there is quite a few over there.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast