Empire, De Fenwick, Caritas, E-Tech Centre,

Closed Thread

Empire, De Fenwick, Caritas, E-Tech Centre,

Hi,

I am moving to HK in late Fed and looking for good value serviced apartment, within commutable distance from Cyberport.

I will be moving on my own, so space is not an issue -- though wouldn't harm. Will value location, convenience (supermarket, bus stops) and fully furnished place (if they have simple cooker and iron/ironing board that would be fab).

I am willing to spend up to 15K all inclusive, for a decent place.

I have shortlisted Empire, De Fenwick, Caritas, E-Tech Centre, Platinum and maybe Atria Boutique--if within budget.

Anyone happy to share their firsthand experience?

Thanks.

Had a friend staying in De Fenwick, he said the noise was quite bad even during the week, especially when Carnegies has their $10 a bottle promo's.

I live in Empire court, which is the same building as Empire studios, can't comment on the apartments but if you have any questions about the area or building then let me know.

Harmony Mansion might also be worth looking at, i stayed there in 2008 and it was fine.

De Fenwick is slap bang in the middle of Wanchai red light area which you may want to consider. Perfectly safe though.

Last edited by Trebor; 28-01-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Hi DeletedUser, wtbhotia and Trebor, many thanks for your inputs. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately de Fenwick is apparently full and Harmony Mansion is currently under renovation. Domus, Soho, Lanson Place and 5Luard are all beyond my budget. Cityloft and other similar ones receive bad reviews and could be a bit much for a month's stay. Unless Atria Boutique or YWCA the Building get back with a decent offer I might need to go with Empire Studio. Probably give it a few more days before I decide. Thanks again.

Well if u go with empire we'll be neighbors