where I can live with 6000 per month in HK?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thumbs up ha ha !!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    [*] Lamma
    Its Hong Kong's version of Tasmania
    now I really feel like to move in there

Quote Originally Posted by marcuslai
    why aren't u considering renting in chaiwan / siusaiwan ?

the greenery / seaview in the latter especially should be quite plesant. a small apartment (400-600 sq ft) at Island Resort with its own club house can be had for 10k a month.

and your commute would be down to 5 mins.
    any thoughts on where I could check out prices in siusaiwan? seems like it'd be the ideal district for me, but I haven't seen it even listed on any of the rental websites I've looked at. (really, I'm open to anything near a metro station, even if it's not on HK island, or is within walking distance to my office... I'm a little leery of anything requiring a ferry since I have to have 24/7 available to come into the office in an emergency and ferries seem more prone to weather interference than the subway, not to mention the lines that don't run 24-hours a day)

I'm planning on making an exploratory trip out to HK after the summer (probably sometime around Oct-Dec '08), and I'm not going to drop the 3-4K USD on a trip out to HK before I've got at least a reasonable idea that I could make it work on a total 20K HKD/month budget (after taxes) especially if I'll be dropping +50% of my budget into rent right off the bat.
    Last edited by loki8481; 08-03-2008 at 03:29 PM.

TKL, TKO, Hang Hau, Po Lam

Check out the end MTR stations on the green and purple lines. Great value rent and purchase.
    TKL is seven minutes from Quarry Bay.
    Also not far to Saikung / Clearwater Bay for a hike.

Loki in the event that a typhoon signal number 8 is raised, as rare as they are, you won't be able to go to work anyway as per the labour laws.

The ferries are 24/7 the MTR ceases operation at 12:30am daily.

Your best bet is to make the effort and have a look at Discovery bay and then compare what you see there to some of the other locations mentioned, bang for buck, Discovery bay is going to be hard to beat, especially if you like hanging out at familiar cafe strips overlooking the bay and the many bush walks and sailing opportunities once you make friends with people that might own a yacht there. During club regatta / race trim, yachts need a crew of 4 - 6 people for a 32 ft mono hull, so if being exposed to a few new leisure activities suits you, being apart of the Discovery bay community make your life a lot more interesting, I am confident of that.

Personally for your budget, Discovery bay offers you the nicest and most spacious lifestyle going, with the fastest commute possible to central. In a way, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Take a look and then decide.

Last edited by Skyhook; 09-03-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Sai Ying Pun is another possibility... a few friends and I each rent a flat around the 6k mark. Very convenient, 5 minutes to Sheung Wan, 10 minutes to Central.

Tora, Tai Wai is a single stop from Kowloon Tong, pretty convenient to get around from there. You can check out "Golden Lion Gardens" on chui tin street near che kung miu(temple) it's a quiet street with views of the Lion Rock. Price should be within your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Developme
    Sai Ying Pun is another possibility... a few friends and I each rent a flat around the 6k mark. Very convenient, 5 minutes to Sheung Wan, 10 minutes to Central.
    5 and 10 mins via which mode of transportation?

Quote Originally Posted by vishalmirpuri
    Tora, Tai Wai is a single stop from Kowloon Tong, pretty convenient to get around from there. You can check out "Golden Lion Gardens" on chui tin street near che kung miu(temple) it's a quiet street with views of the Lion Rock. Price should be within your budget.
    Tai Wai will be difficult to find anything for 6K. I was recently looking for a place of around 700 sq ft and there was nothing available for less than 8K and the 8K ones are pretty bad shape. For that price, you might consider Fanling or Yuen Long but those places are quite far from Central. If you can find Tai Wai, it's a nice area. I've been here for close to 5 years. There's an Xpat community here and it's quite convenient. Discovery Bay is also very nice and I wouldn't worry about the transportation. The ferry ride is a great 30 min nap. Some areas that are dirt cheap but I would avoid most places on the red line and the western side of the green line.

Property to rent

Quote Originally Posted by tora-chan
    Hi,
    I have to move out of my flat soon but it is getting expensive everywhere.
    Please give me a suggestion.. where I can still live below 6K per month? around 400sq...
    Try Kamtin, it is quite nice and close to Yuen Long and Tai Po. Also good transport and has a lot of expats

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhk1
    Tai Wai will be difficult to find anything for 6K. I was recently looking for a place of around 700 sq ft and there was nothing available for less than 8K and the 8K ones are pretty bad shape. For that price, you might consider Fanling or Yuen Long but those places are quite far from Central. If you can find Tai Wai, it's a nice area. I've been here for close to 5 years. There's an Xpat community here and it's quite convenient. Discovery Bay is also very nice and I wouldn't worry about the transportation. The ferry ride is a great 30 min nap. Some areas that are dirt cheap but I would avoid most places on the red line and the western side of the green line.
    tonyhk1, you seem to be right, I didn't realise that the prices for Golden Lion Gardens have hiked up so much, prolly coz of the new tunnel/bridge linking Tai Wai to Kowloon West.

I was able to find 2-3 listings on Midlands website stating $6,300 for Golden Lion but I guess they normally show lower price on their site to attract people into contacting them.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast