Like Tree6Likes

Need to find a village house for rent pretty soon

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need to find a village house for rent pretty soon

I need to be reunited with my dog very soon, he's staying at my friends, but neighbours of his village house has been giving his landlord a lot of complaints as my dog is very friendly towards them but they take it the wrong way.

I'm looking for a village house (just one floor) and much much prefer the top floor of the 3 with the rooftop. I've looked around property websites, and they tend to be 500-700sq ft (mostly 700) and around HK$10k +/- 2k.

I've been looking at the village house between Tai Po and Tai Wo, just before you get to the bridge on the left. It looks very convenient to walk to Tai Wo station, with Tai Po just around the corner for groceries. I have several friends who live in Tai Po and Tai Wo so I've been in the area several times.

The missus works in Fo Tan and I work in CWB, so anywhere close to stations on the East rail line is good.

Can anyone recommend other areas to look at and maybe recommend some company/agent?

Those are over priced because of the proximity to tai po market itself.

Try and head towards the other way towards Tai Me Tuk.
    Lots of villages along Ting Kok Road.

or you can get a 700sq ft for HK$7k-8K ( top floor) close fanling towards sha tau kok ( ie, kan tau, tai tong wu), around 10mins by minibus to fanling station, 20mins via bus to fanling, or if go towards sheung shui, you get to sit on the train to hung hom ( and sleep like i do on the train)

if you want live near taiwoo, lam tsuen (it's actually a group of villages) village is one of the biggest will vary from HK$8k-10k depends how far from the main roundabout (close to the freeway and tai po) and towards the remote parts of pat heung

ting kok, shuen wan and tai mei tuk are quite pricey as it's close to a seaview of tolo habour, parks, restuarants and parks popular among locals

Imparanoic

I was thinking more of the villages about half way between tai Mei Tuk and tai po. More affordable

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Imparanoic

I was thinking more of the villages about half way between tai Mei Tuk and tai po. More affordable
    yes, ting kok and after shuen wan are reasonable compared close to tai po ( unless it's near the tai po industrial area) , but before that the prices are more expensive pass the industrial area and midway from tai po tai mei tuk, as it's close to high end places such as beveley hills, casa marina and fortuna gardens and ied, my aunt lives in ting kok as well my uk friends grand dad, i also know a friend who lives in tai mei tuk at the end ( as stated that can be difficult to travel home at later times unless via taxi)
    Last edited by imparanoic; 07-02-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Villages like Sheun Wan Chuen?y god sis lived there once and recommends it, she says the minibus to TaiPo is very frequent.

What about Kam Shan village? It is just outside the Tai Wo train station. 3 minute walk to train station?

Otherwise, there are a lot of brand new village houses in Kam Tsin in Sheung Shui. It is a 15 minute walk to sheung shui train station or a very quick minibus. Brand new cheap village house floors for 7K - 8K. Might be noisy though as there is a lot of construction going on.

imparanoic and Proplus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Villages like Sheun Wan Chuen?y god sis lived there once and recommends it, she says the minibus to TaiPo is very frequent.
    yes, the minibus from taipo market ( outside the govt building) to tai mei tuk/ting kok/shuen wan ) is quick and frequent, every 5-7mins, bus is slow though
    Proplus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    What about Kam Shan village? It is just outside the Tai Wo train station. 3 minute walk to train station?

Otherwise, there are a lot of brand new village houses in Kam Tsin in Sheung Shui. It is a 15 minute walk to sheung shui train station or a very quick minibus. Brand new cheap village house floors for 7K - 8K. Might be noisy though as there is a lot of construction going on.
    yes, i think it's closer to 20 mins walk, pass north district hospital, but if next to golf course and high end beas river estate, i don't think it be cheap, the minibus also not so frequent every 10-15 ( plus around 10 mins for minbus to fill up) as oppose to every 4-7 mins frequency for 55k mini bus (and 5 mins to fill up) to sha tau kok ( as it passes fanling/luen wo hui ) thus this is a busy route
    Proplus likes this.

near sheung shui

http://channel.gohome.com.hk/village...g-Shui/?Page=2

http://property.gohome.com.hk/Sheung...ung/ad-836118/

tai po area( quite a few), look for this character 租/joh/rent for rental prices

http://channel.gohome.com.hk/village...strict/Tai-Po/

Proplus likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast