Like Tree31Likes

Victoria Gardens, Pok Fu Lam?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

In terms of journey time, you would do better looking at Cheung Chau or Lamma islands. As well as the places that show up in the Trip Advisor reviews, there are plenty of self-catering flats available on both islands. Maybe someone else on this site has details for some of them?
    Always lots of booths and spruikers for them in the roads just by the ferry piers when you arrive, but I've never bothered noticing the contact details.
    If you're investigating Pok Fu Lam, the closest districts to be looking for hotels on HK island itself are Kennedy Town and Aberdeen.

MrsDizzy likes this.

Have just been contacted by an agent regarding a tentative enquiry I made regarding the Victoria Garden... The initial advertised price was HK$37000 but low and behold when s/he got back to me, the price had risen to HK$46K exclusive.
    In addition, the following would need to be paid
    (Gov't Rates: HK$5,700 per quarter)
    (Mgmt fee: HK$1,800 per month)
    (Optional car park: HK$2,000 per month)

I can sense that this is going to be fun!

most places include mgmt & gov't rates.... but make sure you confirm with every property you enquire about.

MrsDizzy likes this.

When we viewed the six apartments at Victoria, none of the advertised prices were still in place and none of them were inclusive of rates and parking. It wouldn't surprise me if it were the same apartments still on the market as 37K was about what we were looking at - this was 2 years ago by the way.

MrsDizzy likes this.

Just as I thought... reel me in! NOT!

CWB is currently trending with Mrs D and me. Silverstrand area looks kind of close to Hung Hau MTR. Has anyone got any recommendations or experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:
    Baguio Villa has small apartments of about 1,000 sq ft, which are being rented for $35,000 all inclusive. The place is only 5-7 minutes drive from Kennedy school. Also you can catch the school bus in the morning.
    I can vouch for Baguio. Two very very good friend live there (the 2000sqf and the 1000sqf) and both are nice. both own the property so rent wise can't comment but the location, flats and overall place is good.

Baguio Villas are definitely on the list for our visit in April but they do seem to come out at nearer the 50000 mark on gohome.com.hk and squarefoot.com

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDizzy:
    Just as I thought... reel me in! NOT!

CWB is currently trending with Mrs D and me. Silverstrand area looks kind of close to Hung Hau MTR. Has anyone got any recommendations or experiences?
    silverstrand/CWB are lovely areas. you can minibus down to the mtr or even walk when it isn't stinking hot out. walking it would take about 10-15 minutes. minibus about 2-3minutes....
    MrsDizzy likes this.

Thanks for that, Carang and The Brit.

Although we are tied to West Island and South Island Schools to work, we are free to apply to any ESF school, for our six year old, so if we were prepared to commute, he could always go to their Clearwater Bay School.

Alternatively, we could also apply for their Discovery Bay College as opposed to Kennedy as well, if Lantau looked like it offered better value for money.

Personally, as long as I haven't got to drive, I wouldn't mind going by MTR and then catching a bus to West Island School. I suppose my wife would have to get off at Causeway Bay and then get a bus to South Island School.

Just looked at school buses for both our schools... From Fortress Hill we both have a bus at about 7:10am and from the Pier Terminal for Discovery Bay we have one at 7:30.

Looks like we may have to look at DB, as well.