real estate info/options

Smile real estate info/options

Hello everyone,

I'm still not due in HK for another month or so, and so far my online search for apartments has made me anxious. Is gohome.com.hk the best there is?

Still on the search for places in Sheung Wan, Tin Hau/North Point, and maybe Sai Ying Pun. Rents seem to be increasing quickly since the start of the year!

I guess I'm looking for reassurances there are a lot more options offline, in neighborhood real estate agencies or word-of-mouth realtors.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Lots of people have problems with gohome.com.hk - too many outdated / fake listings being used as bait.

There are a lot of options available offline .... most small estate agents are not online.

what is your budget? and any location?

My experience tells that online property sales/rental information is generally not credible in Hong Kong, even with big agents.

Not much to do with real estate is credible around here

Uuper,
    I'm looking for something 10k or less on HK island, anywhere between Sheung Wan and North Point. SYP if I have to.

which way?

Quote Originally Posted by loveforman2003
    My experience tells that online property sales/rental information is generally not credible in Hong Kong, even with big agents.
    Are prices lower or higher than they should be?

Thanks.

you're probably on the lower end of the market, rent has gone up a lot over the last year, but you can still find some 400' to 500' flats going for that HKD 10,000 in those districts.