Nice residential area near Central

Nice residential area near Central

Hi

We are trying to figure out where and on how much to live when moving to HK.

Our office should be in Central and I hear mostly of expats living in Mid Levels.I'm used to walk to the office but it seems so easy to get around HK in taxi we could live anywhere reachable in a short taxi ride.

What are the options you could think of ? And what are the prices around mid Levels ? We're looking for something posh (but not necessarily top nor serviced nor even furnished) with a large living room, master bedroom, another bedroom and a maid room. around 1500sqf. Importantly with a view, say no window facing for a couple of hundred meters.

Can we get anything like this below 50 000 a month? 60 000?

Cheers
    Luis

Sorry, forgot to add, I would much rather live in a high rise building. Really miss them in continental Europe.

Dude you can live in a lot of places with 50 000 to 60 000 budget, like honestly there are so many options you have. Of course unless you choose the super expensive hotel which charge you like 80 000 for a 2 bedroom suite. I don't have any suggestion, but i am sure near central there are high rise building, i know that in coast way bay, there is a mountain behind it, there are some nice apartments there. Don't know what the place is called, but my friend lives there and i am sure the rent is not as high as $50000

there are lots of options for you in midlevels.

rent has gone up in the rental market for the midlevels... depending on size you're probably looking at $45-50K for a 1400 sq ft apartment.

most places are high rises in hk anyway... so you won't have much dislocation here.

i moved here from Los Angeles a few months ago (a pure Californian!) I live in the mid-levels too and if you need help, let me know, I might be able to help. I didn't realize how hard it was to move to a new country until now. So you're not alone.

you could try:
    Pok fu Lam (bel-air comes to mind)
    Repulse Bay
    Stanley
    Discovery Bay (not a taxi ride, a ferry ride instead~ no traffic jams! and you wouldn't get a high rise, you'd get a HOUSE!)
    Sai Kung (no high rises~ houses!)