Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By jimbo
  • 1 Post By elle
  • 2 Post By cookie09

Park Island?

Closed Thread

Park Island?

Hi,

I wrote a thread earlier this week asking about Tung Chung v Olympic as the better place (if I only had those two choices). But now my husband has come back to me after having seen Park Island and thinks that it is a good choice (initially, before we need to rent for school locations).
    Would you please give me your two-cents worth on Park Island?
    I have perused the Park Island Blog, and looked at some apartments on the real estate websites, but there must be a catch - otherwise, why aren't more people interested in living there?
    Thanks again in advance

We used to have our very own 'King of Park Island' (randy1) on geo, but it seems he has been banned...
    Here is one of the threads, a quick forum search will get you a lot more results and info.

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/61/thread242241.html

Janedoe likes this.

Park Island and the pro and cons to live there have already been discussed to death here on Geoexpat. You'll find plenty to read if you use the search function.

Park Island aka Zombie Island.

Been there and hated it, The ferry is a hassle and they're restricting the service soon.

Janedoe and Loz_2 like this.

Thanks! My husband did go and view it as the sun was setting... but maybe before the zombies came out I have been scouring the internet and forums madly (after a day of looking after the two ankle-biters...) so the tips and the link was very handy.

park island has some great advantages (life on the beach, space for kids, value for money of apartments to name a few) but also some disadvantages compared to olympic/tung chung (no MTR/general transportation restrictions though not as bad as DB since you can take a taxi, shopping facilities are limited, some people think it's artificial).

if you look at Olympic, TC and PI, please also consider Gold Coast, Sham Tseng (e.g. Bellagio), DB, Kowloon Station and Tsing Yi itself. Each has a slight variation from Olympic/TC/PI, so you basically just need to say what is important and then you can narrow down among these.

(of course there's hundreds of other options, but i felt that many people compare the above ones)

Janedoe and forgetmenot like this.