Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HK2A430

hollywood rd vs bonham rd

Closed Thread

hollywood rd vs bonham rd

Hi, I'm a 28 yo single female and i just moved to hk. I've been house hunting and have narrowed it down to either a 1br in hollywood rd or a 1br on bonham rd. a bit torn as they're both the same price and have pros and cons. would really appreciate any feedback anyone has on the area, public transport, etc...

1br on hollywood: about 333 sq ft net, about 15min walk to my office on queens rd, next to escalator so busy area, fully furnished

1br on bonham, about 450 sq ft net, about 30min walk to work or cab/bus ride away, quiet neighborhood, fully furnished

any thoughts on either area would be much appreciated!

The Hwood option will be nightlife oriented, you are in the thick of things.
    Bonham Road (sounds like you are out near SYP, Babington Path, that area) is really nice and quiet(er) evenings and weekends. The Sai Ying Pun area is really cool, too, lots of new hangouts so it's not completely boonies.
    It's really up to you whether you need to be right on top of things or do you want a bit more space. Both areas have their pluses.

I would add that depending on how adverse you are to the heat, 15 minutes of walking in the summer might make a difference. Personally, I'd try to avoid the heat as much as possible.

SalseroHK likes this.

The bus routes that go along Caine / Bonham are much better than Hollywood though. And you get more space - I would choose Bonham every time. You won't be walking in the summer anyway. Where will you be working?

Quote Originally Posted by aepl0325:
    my office on queens rd
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Where will you be working?
    I guess it's a long road though...