villas

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

villas

Looking for a villas with easy excess to central, must allow large dogs.Would like to be carless if possible.

thanks,
    DJBB

Pokfulam might be a good place to start - there are a number of villas. The stretch from Repulse Bay to Red Hill has a few too.

Depending on how astronomical your budgets are, you have the peak.

Take a look at our advertisers site .. Landscope.com

Quote Originally Posted by djbb:
    Looking for a villas with easy excess to central, must allow large dogs.Would like to be carless if possible.

thanks,
    DJBB
    DJBB I though you were looking for a place in Shenzhen but now on Hong Kong Island.

If you need access to Shenzhen regularly with a place that is a haven for dogs there are some great villa houses in the New Territories.

Keep in mind that the parks in HK do not allow dogs and the more populated beaches the police will surely say something. Although, this is not necessarily the case in the New Territories where on the less populated beaches you can roam with your dogs hassle free and open areas for the dogs to roam more freely.

In your previous post also a few jokes were exchanged about large dogs being easy pry for a meal. Depending on what breed of dogs you have and if you live in an expat community or a villa community is typically gated you should not encounter this as a problem.

By the way, Discovery Bay also offers access to Central and is pet friendly.

SheKou,Nanshan,Hong Kong, where to live...

Well,
    I'm now told we could either be in Hong Kong or near the Shenzhen Airport.Not sure when we will know the true location.We still will require accomadation for our two large skinny(afghan hounds) dogs, no one would be interested in them for a meal.

All replies are appreciated,

DJBB

Yes I agree!

Will cross boundary travel be a regular commute if you are located in Hong Kong?

Yuen Long areas offers a straight shot from HK to the Shenzhen Airport (once you get past the boarder check point) ... SKYHOOK & BORIS here on the geo forum are knowledgeable on this as I believe each does a cross boundary commute regularly (maybe even daily) ... suggest you send a PM and even look through some of their posting history as they each regularly contribute thought provoking questions and realistic possibilities.

" as they each regularly contribute thought provoking questions and realistic possibilities. "
    Gosh !!!!

I have been looking at this thread to understand what djbb REALLY needs. My main problem is understanding why anyone based around Shenzhen Airport would need " easy access to central"

Cross boarder - ers prefer Northen NT because of the links BUT --- is this what djbb is? The info is very sparse, even to the point where the PO doesn't know where their base is.

Didn't look at the Shenzhen stuff ... but, I should warn you that the price difference between Central in HK and Shenzhen for "villas" will be VERY significant ... what would cost you US$2000 in some areas of Shenzhen will set you back US$15K in HK.

So, its not a trivial decision for an employer to make ...

villas, dogs...maybe ShenZhen or Hong Kong

Sorry to be confusing...The company that my husband's company is to parnter with has two locations, one by SZX airport and one in Hong Kong.They could be consolidated to one location, don't know.My husband thinks we will be in ShenZhen, don't know.I don't believe that he will need to cross the border often.We will need a place for the dogs where ever we end up.There is to be a trip next week to Hong Kong, maybe we will have more info then.This will be a new experience for both us, we live on several acres of land currently.

Thanks for the understanding,

djbb

G'day DJBB,

looking at all your requirements and taking on board your existing living environment, something you're not going to find here or in SZ, but there are certainly more dog friendly locations.

As the FBO your hubby is directly employed by has an operation in SZ and HK, ýou aren't the only aviation family that falls under that scenario, and if you are being paid via a smaller FBO arrangement, housing allowances aren't going to be all that great.

So bearing all that in mind, Sai Kung is probably going to be your best location, as its within 20 minutes taxi ride to university KCR, for when hubby needs to make the short trip across the border, with another 45 minutes drive either by your FBO's own private transporation or a taxi etc. You're also only 40 or so minutes cab ride from Connaught road Wan Chai ( which I assume is where your FBO is administrated from ) or 40~50 minutes from the terminal at Chek Lap Kok.

Sai Kung is one of the most dog friendly locations in Hong Kong, you'll be able to rent a Villa style 1400 ft²~2100ft² home with roof top terrace and some kind of court yard etc. Housing in Saikung is pretty diverse, you'll need to take a look down there and get a feel for whats available. I'd budget around $30,000HKD ~$40,000HKD per month for something that is within 10 minutes walk of the Sai Kung ( town ) shopping district.

The Gold Coast, Siu Lam, So Kwun Wat area of Tuen Mun is another location you could look at, but Villa's start at around $50,000HKD to $60,000HKD per month, but you are 22 minutes by cab from Chek Lap Kok airport and 20 minutes taxi ride to Sheung Shui KCR, which is right on the HKG Louhu ( Shenzhen border ). About 35 minutes into town ( Wan Chai ) via the western tunnel also.

Sai Kung and Gold Coast have a lot of expat aviation families living in them, so, you'll find plenty of people in the community that share a bit of common understanding, it will really help you settle in, as you familiarise yourself with your new life in Hong Kong.

Anyway, it gives you a couple of practical locations to think about, that will keep everybody happy, inc your dogs.

I know a professional English speaking agent in both locations if you'd like to PM me, and i'll happily pass their details on.

Cheers

Last edited by Skyhook; 31-03-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast