Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scrambler

Village house sai kung.

Closed Thread

Village house sai kung.

We ve spent the last couple of days house hunting in sai kung and have decided 1400sqft, 1st, 2nd and roof with parking pretty much suites our needs.

We ve seen about 8 places (some of them twice with different agents).

They are all coming back in between 30k and 35k, with one even up at 40k. Admittedly the decor on most has been new and in some cases the whole house was new. The best property we saw was a new build on Tai mong sai road in a development of around 10 new houses.

The agents are doing the usual, there's not much about, best pay a deposit today malarkey.

Does this seem par for the course or do I need to look harder.

Also, any recommendations on areas or particular villages.

Cheers

Karl

Where will you be working, Tai Mong Tsai road is too bloody far IMHO, if you dont mind then maybe try looking inside the country park, lot cheaper, Give CARANG a pm, she renting a whole village house for cheaper than 30K I think if my memory doesnt fail me.

Try going to Tai Po Tsai in clear water bay, there is a few agents there, see what they have on offer for duplex, 30-35K should be the norm.

most expensive rent in our village is $25,000 for a whole house. but we live a million miles from everything an everywhere.

tai mong tsai is actually a fairly good location. buses to sk, wu kai sha and shatin.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile

I'm going to be working in Kowloon and plan on commuting on a motorbike. School wise..... Still looking, but focusing in NT.
    sai kung, clear water bay and Tai po.

I haven't found it too much of a distance from one end of sai kung to tai mong tsai. And commuting on the bike, I'm not to bothered by it.
    I'll have a bit of a mooch around the country park and see how I get on.

I assume the public bus routes go into the country park as well???.... Do school buses tend to go there as well?

Thanks

K

you can't just ride your bike into the park. you need someone who lives there to register you at the gate.

Also, I 'd suggest you plan for the times when it is not wise to commute on your motorcycle, like when its absolutely hammering it down.

riding in the odd storm is fine - I find most car drivers start to crawl in the wet anyways....

why not try pik uk area - also tai po Tsai - handy for clearwaterbay beaches Tseung Kwan O - as well as being a bit closer to the rest of HK kowloon etc

carang likes this.

I third the motion for tai po tsai- used to live there and it's really charming/reasonable and close to Sai Kung.

kowloon is a pretty large area... maybe if you are more specific, it would be easier to recommend places.

if you are in kowloon west, then sai sha rd/tai mong tsai wouldn't be bad as you would go via the highway through shatin instead of through sk town.

if you are looking at kwun tong, then maybe ho chung would be better or clearwater bay/pik uk/ tseng land shue would be more appropriate.