Like Tree7Likes

"The Aria" at Kowloon Peak (Ngau Chi Wan) or alternatives?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

It's still far away

It's a nice estate, I had some friends there, but you are likely relying on the minibus to the MTR which is quick but nonetheless makes going out a chore. Parking is ridiculously expensive, last time I believe it was 4-5k per month and probably more now.

I have been living in Kowloon Peak Aria for the past couple of years and totally love it. Five year old complex with awesome facilities for both adults and children: café, restaurant, library, study room, wine bar, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, kids club and regular activities etc . The kids do interact with each other. The staff are fantastic and yes most of them speak English .
    There is a minibus stop just outside the complex and takes only 6 mins to Choi Hung MTR. Regular service every 2-3 mins. Takes me less than 25 mins to get to Central. Kowloon Tong is just 10 mins away.

Last edited by RosieGW; 11-09-2016 at 07:40 AM.
    shri and Mat like this.

Thanks for your quick response, that sounds fabulous. I visited aria already, and think as well, it is not far away. We don`t have a car, so parking is not important for us. Rosie GW, how old are your kids? Are they going to a close Kindergarten? Do you work? As I am thinking of starting workin again and sending Ella to the KIndergarten, well, we see how we gonna do that when we are there. Are there more expats? Thanks so much for your reply, as we really considering to move there, that is more than helpful...

Quote Originally Posted by RosieGW:
    There is a minibus stop just outside the complex and takes only 6 mins to Choi Hung MTR. Regular service every 2-3 mins. Takes me less than 25 mins to get to Central.
    25 minutes on the MTR sounds possible (just) from Choi Hung MTR to Central MTR. But how about your total commuting time door-to-door?

It's a great estate, but with property we must consider the location. Given the minibus and the kwun tong line which I find a bit more rough than the others, other than that not a bad choice.

You may also consider the estates in the mountain in Tsuen Wan area near Sham Tseng.

Thanks MandM for your considerations, need to check them, as my husband will work at Kowloon Tong. Thats why we considering aria. I ll check these areas and be back...so difficult to choose the right place for us...thought HOngkong would be easier than Shenzhen, but it is not...thanks all of you for your great support!

Have a look at Pacifica in Lai Chi Kok. Nice estate with a shopping mall. Connected to MTR, albeit a tunnel to walk through.

I would say Aria is better quality but might be easier to get to Kowloon Tong from Lai Chi Kok.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    It's a great estate, but with property we must consider the location. Given the minibus and the kwun tong line which I find a bit more rough than the others, other than that not a bad choice.

You may also consider the estates in the mountain in Tsuen Wan area near Sham Tseng.
    Much worse commute to Kowloon Tong from Tseun Wan than from Choi Hung for sure.
    MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Much worse commute to Kowloon Tong from Tseun Wan than from Choi Hung for sure.
    Yeah for sure. But different environments, let OP see and choose which one is best for her. Plus if they want a car the car park rental is less than half the price of Aria.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    25 minutes on the MTR sounds possible (just) from Choi Hung MTR to Central MTR. But how about your total commuting time door-to-door?
    MTR website estimated time is 27mn.

Door to door will obviously depends where you go in Central so that's highly irrelevant somehow.

The poster didn't say it takes only 25mn, he said 25mn to Central...after it's up to you to do the math obviously...depending on where you go (IFC, Lan Kwai Fong, Mandarin etc etc)
    shri likes this.