Like Tree7Likes

"The Aria" at Kowloon Peak (Ngau Chi Wan) or alternatives?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Yeah for sure. But different environments, let OP see and choose which one is best for her. Plus if they want a car the car park rental is less than half the price of Aria.
    Did I say they have to chose Aria?

Living near the area you mention and having a wife working in Kowloon Tong, I know the commute is roughly an hour. that's a lot different from the 10mn from Choi Hung.

I like where I live but its not the most convenient for Kowloon Tong (and not super expaty although we see more and more these days).

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Yeah for sure. But different environments, let OP see and choose which one is best for her. Plus if they want a car the car park rental is less than half the price of Aria.
    Yeah hal;f the price but then if you drive to work...you have to park there too.

Anyway just found it odd to recommend ShamTseng/Tseun Wan for someone working in Kowloon Tong. to each their own I guess.

Hey MandM, the west of Kowloon we don`t want to move there, as we don`t like it too much, it is not so quiet as Aria and my husband would need to change metro. As I mentioned, we won`t have a car, so parking is not an issue for us. I woud just love to know if there are other babsy/ kids around at aria? Well we are bidding now for Aria, I think things are decided, thanks for your help, was really important to know all of these considerations! Thanks for your time!

@Mat: You work in Kowloon and you live where?

Hi Christine

Good luck with the bidding. I do not have kids but plenty of kids playing happily either in the swimming pools, children's area etc. I am sure you will be able to arrange play dates. The journey time quoted was from MTR to MTR stations.
    There is a gorgeous park just in front of the complex and kids play there too.
    I tend to take uber or taxis when out and about.
    There is a wellcome and ParknShop in Choi wan. Lovely refurbished wet market in Choiwan - first stop from Aria. I do my main shopping in Taste Kowloon Tong and they deliver to Fung Shing street.
    I am used to an hour commute in London. There is always taxi available in Aria. The security team and concierges are very friendly. Happy to show you around when you move. There are more and more expats with young families now than two years ago when I moved in. PM me if you have any questions. I used a great agent called Helen who facilitated the process for us.

Quote Originally Posted by christinella:
    @Mat: You work in Kowloon and you live where?
    I work in Central but my wife work in Kowloon Tong. We live between Sham Tseng and Tseun Wan area.
    It's a nice place for us BUT the commute to KT is approx. 1h as there is no direct way. (i.e. bus/minibus then MTR and then some more minibus or lots of walking). To make it simple my wife take the bus/MTR in the morning and a taxi (120HKD) back in the evening. Taxi is good and rather quick (Around 20mn). But obviously it has a cost. We don't want to waste time in the evening to spend more time with our boy so she does that I'd say 4/5 times.

Thanks so much for all your answers, so helpful when you thinking of moving to a new place! I will keep you updated where we finally move to. @Mat that is as well some commuting, so maybe Sham Tseng is nothing for us at this stage. But thanks for taking so much time explaining me your commutes, makes it more understandable. Have a great day all of you and hope to talk to you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    MTR website estimated time is 27mn.

Door to door will obviously depends where you go in Central so that's highly irrelevant somehow.

The poster didn't say it takes only 25mn, he said 25mn to Central...after it's up to you to do the math obviously...depending on where you go (IFC, Lan Kwai Fong, Mandarin etc etc)
    Yeah I just wanted to challenge the initial comment of less than 25 mins to Central. Seemed to imply 25 mins was the total commuting time which obviously is not realistic. They later clarified the issue so that's alright. As has often been discussed, the point is that people often underestimate the actual commuting time. I would guess from the door of the apartment in Aria to Central MTR would be closer to 40 minutes minimum. If you look at the details you will see the time adds up.

Leave your apartment, wait for lift: 1 min
    Taking the lift: 1 min
    Walking from Tower lobby to Aria exit: 1 - 2 mins
    Waiting for minibus: 1-2 mins
    Minibus ride: 6 mins
    Walking from minibus stop to Choi Hung MTR platform: 2-3 mins
    Waiting for MTR: 1 min

I would guess minimum 15 minutes just to get to the Choi Hung MTR platform (with no delays or traffic). Add in at least 25 mins (or 27) on the MTR and it looks more like at least 40 minutes to get to Central MTR. From there probably at least another 5-10 minutes to your office. Certainly not a deal breaker and IMHO quite a reasonable commute but don't oversell it.

Sorry to bump this older thread, but my wife and I are currently considering to move to Aria or Scenic View which is next door. Does anyone know the going rates for rentals on a 2 bedroom place?

Thanks

You can check Centadata for the latest transactions.

Centadata - Aria Kowloon Peak