Is Tin hao a safe place to live

Closed Thread

Is Tin hao a safe place to live

Hi Guys -

Is Tin hau a safe place to live ? I am planning to live in a serviced apartment there ?

Does somebody live there ? How far is the super martket and train stations and all ?

I am relatively new to HK (1 week) ....

Thanks for your replies.

Thanks,
    karuna.

I'm hard pressed to find any place in Hong Kong that isn't safe.

There aren't many places in HK - and very very few on HK island - which would be considered unsafe to live. Unless you're a long way up the hill, you're unlikely to be more than 5-10 minutes walk away from a supermarket and a train station - certainly, along the main road, if you're more than about 10 minutes away from the MTR, you'll be something like 10 minutes from the next one instead. I lived for quite a while in North Point, quite close to Tin Hau, and I've had friends living there. It's a perfectly reasonable neighbourhood, very convenience for 'town', but slightly cheaper because it's out of the commercial districts.

i live in tin hau and love here.. it's walking distance to everywhere and TONS of good japanese, indonasian, cantonese restaurants that many locals would drive here to eat. It's only few minutes walk to excelsoir hotel where my gym is.

are u going to find a place here? i'm considering moving out from my current place as most of my friends are in mid-level and my company will be moved to soho as well. let me know if u are interested. I got a good deal and the landlady speak some english and is a christian.

hi kitten_hk,

i'm currently looking for a place in tin hau, can you provide more details of your apartment and the building? rent? size? no of bdrms? condition? etc?

many thanks,
    sp_vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by karuna:
    Is Tin hau a safe place to live ? I am planning to live in a serviced apartment there ?

Does somebody live there ? How far is the super martket and train stations and all ?

I am relatively new to HK (1 week) ....
    The first questions was already answered above, it is really hard to find a place which is not safe on HK island.
    The second question you have to answer for yourself I believe.
    Next one... does anybody live there? I would be surprised if nobody lives in Tin Hau!
    For the last question you should take the MTR to Tin Hau and check it out yourself. You mention that you are already in HK. In the end it all depends where you want to live in Tin Hau.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten_HK:
    ...and the landlady speak some english and is a christian.
    I understand that it is helpful that she speaks english, but what has religion to do with being a good landlord?

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by mjk:
    I understand that it is helpful that she speaks english, but what has religion to do with being a good landlord?
    Christians are better than us

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    Christians are better than us
    In my experience, that's usually NOT the case. Sarcasm duly noted, but I just wanted to put in my twenty HK cents.
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 10-04-2008 at 01:58 AM.