Like Tree8Likes

HK island - no mid-levels - Where?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Now, some ideas from a pro. I am a realtor, specialized in relocating staffs for corporate companies. If your husband is working in Causeway Bay, then Tin Hau is the first choice with the all famous Victoria Park; then Fortress Hill & North Point. Choosing apartment is as hard as choosing a good husband. You got to see first before committing. Stay in a service apartment for the first month to allow yourself time to choose & select...go for lower rent then you can also get a helper & live like a tai tai. Good Luck😃if need help, yell out...

First of all, I think your budget will determine what you will be renting, and also your location.
    Also, I guess it would be great if you can provide the size you are looking at.
    Or perhaps how many bedrooms.
    For 60K, you will be able to find a flat in Jardine's lookout, ie. Flora Garden. And that's about it cos Cavendish Height is way over your budget.
    You can also find yourself a flat at the Beverly Hill, which is close enough to causeway bay, you can basically walk down there within 10mins.
    And you can find plenty to choose from inside Happy Valley.

By the way, I wanted to point out that Hong Kong is a very vertical, compact city, so when looking to be close to "parks" look for the green areas no maps and not specifically city parks. The country parks are juxtaposed with urban areas. Braemar Hill, for example, is a great location, because you have a country park (which is equivalent in beauty to some of Britain's national parks) right behind you, with instant access to "trails" and pathways. I don't know what the apartments are like in that area, but I often wish I could live closer to Quarry Bay so I could have this instant access to the nature there!
    (Victoria Park, like someone else commented about, actually isn't that great compared to the real countryside).

Maybe I get it this time right... How about Parkview?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1373451084.993189.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  4.8 KB

Happy Valley is the way to go. You don't need to spend 60k a month for a flat, this one's only 40k and it's very nice for a couple with a young kid.

http://www.squarefoot.com.hk/property/12771929

Tai Hang! Very close to Causeway bay. I can walk there from my place easily.

I wouldn't pick Happy Valley (used to live there) as the traffic can be a nightmare. But on the flipside, lower Happy Valley is a 10 min walk to CWB.

SalseroHK likes this.