Like Tree4Likes

Questions on short term share flat

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You don't need to share a flat to make friends here. HK is THE most social place I have ever lived. And very few people share flats!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    You don't need to share a flat to make friends here. HK is THE most social place I have ever lived. And very few people share flats!
    Meetup.com, Couchsurfing, and GeoExpat all have plenty of options for things to do.

Great, I took a quick look at meetup.com and found all sorts of interesting groups, even a NFL Group HK I will be in HK when the NFL season starts, Go Niners

I will look some more later. Thanks for pointing them out.

Quote Originally Posted by extrovert:
    Thanks for helping me out.

Do you mind telling me the name of the serviced studio in Causeway Bay? You can PM me the info if you want. I will look into it.

How much of a walk-up? I am in pretty good shape. I play multiple sports in club teams, intramural teams and pick up games.

What does it mean that the flats are not subdivided?

How easy is it to meet people in a serviced studio? I really don't want to just sit in my room and watch tv by myself.
    Didn't see your question about subdivided flats. It's Hong Kong's dirty little secret. Subdivided flats are units that have been ... divided by owners to accommodate more people than originally planned. According to a recent story in the local paper, more than a hundred thousand people live in subdivided flats here. Most are nothing more than boxes, like what you see here:

http://youtu.be/qKf08vWTkKA
    wtbhotia likes this.

Hmmm, interesting video. You are full of info, chris! Thank you.

Some of the cheaper room ads I saw must be similar to those rooms. Looks like I probably should stay at the higher end of my budget.

chris_yang22 likes this.