Villas Sorrento vs Bel Air

Closed Thread

Villas Sorrento vs Bel Air

Hi. My family is moving to HK this summer and we looked at a number of places in Pok Fu Lam today. We have 2 young children. We fell in love with a place in Villas Sorrento. We also saw some nice places in Bel Air.

Questions:
    1 - Does anyone have experience living in Villas Sorrento? Is the location too isolated and it is convenient enough to get places?
    2 - How easy is it to get to Central?
    3 - How easy is it to get to a supermarket?
    4 - While they have a "gym", it is little more than a room with 3 treadmills/elliptical machines. Are there any gyms close by that we can join?
    5 - Regarding Bel-Air, we didn't see the club house or pools - Is it true there is a fee each time you use the facilities and if so, how much?

Any other advise you can give regarding the comparison of the two would be helpful.

Thanks.

5 - Regarding Bel-Air, we didn't see the club house or pools - Is it true there is a fee each time you use the facilities and if so, how much?
    The facilities in Bel Air are among the best on the planet. There are NO fees to use the gym, swimming pools, kids play area, mineral pools etc etc... There is a fee of about 50 HKD to use the tennis courts, the billiards tables or if you would like to book a room to practice your Salsa moves

Also, they need to make the Cyberport podium a part of the tour. Every afternoon we see dozens and dozens of families with their kids, helpers, pets and toys in tow playing around here. Great community atmosphere that you rarely see in most places around the Island.

Smile

We are moving Chicago to HK in June. My husband just completed is relocation tour today and really liked what he saw at the Residences Bel-Air. I was surprised by this because we had never considered Pokfulam as an option!

We have 2 young kids, too (4 yrs and 18 mths). I am concerned that it will be too remote of a place? We will only be in HK for 1 year. My 4 yr old will need to be in preschool and my youngest in play-group. I understand that the Woodlands school is the only international one in the area? I wonder if they have availability?

Also, I wonder if it is too difficult to get to Central for activities that "Mom" might want to do!? I had originally thought Midlevels would be the place to be, but now I'm not sure?

Is Bel-Air really a great place for families? We are an active family and of course, want our kids to be comfortable. However, my husband and I want to also "experience" HK to the fullest while living there.

Any reply and/or advice would be greatly appreciated! Michelleb, if we all settle in the same place, we should keep in touch. It would be great to start making contacts a.s.a.p and I'm sure the kiddos would love to get together for a play date!

Jennifer

My wife and I used to live in Repulse Bay when we first arrived HK. We moved into Bel-Air (Phase 2) in Nov 07 and have zero regrets about it. If any of you need more info, let me know. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cutebabes:
    We have 2 young kids, too (4 yrs and 18 mths). I am concerned that it will be too remote of a place? We will only be in HK for 1 year. My 4 yr old will need to be in preschool and my youngest in play-group. I understand that the Woodlands school is the only international one in the area? I wonder if they have availability?

Also, I wonder if it is too difficult to get to Central for activities that "Mom" might want to do!?
    Having lived in Mid-levels for many years and now in Bel-Air - I can assure you that we will never go back to mid levels.

We do all the "activities that mom and dad like to do in Soho and LKF" and maybe a bit more. its around 15 mins and 50-60 HKD away by cab, which is always available.

Our kids are past kindy - but there are definitely other international kindys in the area. Pls check with the geobaby forum.

There are many American, English, Finnish, French and many other nationalities here and many for 1-2 year stays. Haven't heard anybody regret (and definitely not because it is remote or boring) living here...

Feel free to ask anything else...